Oatmeal cookie or biscuit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
We've been making these cookies or biscuits for about 4 years now. They aren't the cookie tray kind of cookie, or 'you've got to try these, they are to die for'. These are more like biscuits and we call them cookies.

We don't measure exactly, we just approximate the amounts.
2 cups apple sauce or pear sauce (no sugar added)
3.5-4.5 cups thick cut oatmeal flakes
the rest is optional
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t cardamom
1 cup of raisins

I mix everything in the food processor. They need to stick together, and it doesn't seem to matter how finely it cuts the oatmeal. Add more apple sauce or plant milk if you need more moisture.
Portion out on parchment, flatten with wet hands, about 24 cookies/biscuits.
Bake at 350 deg F for 20-25 minutes.
I keep them in a zip lock bag in the fridge.

We eat these between meals, or instead of breakfast. They make a good non-messy snack to carry in the car/truck.

They have no guilt, no added sugar, no oils/fat, and if you are hungry and no time to cook, a few of these will hold off hunger until a meal can be made.
They are slightly sweet and chewy. Tonight mr bliss came downstairs to tell me the house smelled so good. I'm pretty sure it was the cardamom that was the good fragrance.

You can change up the spices, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, anise seed. Use a different dried fruit, apricots, dried cherries, barberries, currants.
If you want to make them richer, add walnuts, or pecans, or sunflower seeds.

We ran out and we both noticed that we wanted them again. They are here to stay.

That does sound good. If I don't lose this thread, I will save that recipe when I am using a computer. I'm using my tablet ATM, which makes saving the recipe much harder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom