The days will get longer now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Ok, so December 22 was the first day of winter, but as of today, the days get longer!!!!;) I for one, look forward to that.

Here in the U.S. that is. I know it's now summer in Australia.

To me it gets very depressing to leave for work and return home in the dark.

I kinda get to the point where I wonder where the world went.

Don't know how those who live in the northern climes can deal with almost no day at all.

Am glad the sun is coming back.

cora, your son was born on Dec 22 then, and you poor thing were giving birth to him into the night hours.

Auntdot, I know what you mean. You wake around 6am it's dark. Even if you get home around 4 or 5 it's dark. I live in a northern climate, but I am so grateful I dont live in Alaska. My god those there have nearly no hours of daylight, or maybe 2-3 hours of sunlight right now?

I need sunlight, too much darkness is a bummer for me ! Don't want to do anything`, but be a couch potato- laptop junkie !:mellow:

it`s nice to know actualy, I`ve been trying to over winter a chili plant in the Lab, I have Halogen lamps and so forth on it, but nothing beats Real sunshine, this little guy is looking Really poorly at the moment:(

Hooray - being stuck inside with a toddler is no fun - we want to be outside - of course, only when it is warm - but longer days mean we are on our way.....

Talk about LONG winter nights---In the glorious capital of Kazakhstan it does not get light in the morning until almost 10am!! It's really a strange feeling to still be sitting in the dark that late in the morning. We do not have daylight savings here either. And it's getting a lot colder, too.

Not light until 10 am? Thats odd for Texas. I didnt know you guys dont observe daylight savings time. There is only maybe one hour time difference between Texas and Maine, and around here the sun rises at 7 am.

Sorry if I confused------I meant in Kazakhstan it doesn't get full morning light until about 10am. I'm from Texas and am here for the holidays but spend the rest of the year over there. K. borders Russia and the time difference between K. and Texas is 24 hours--so when it's 7am here it's 7pm the next day over there. So travelling is a LOT of fun especially with all the new airport security and jetlag is even more fun. Love being back in the states and enjoy seeing my morning paper at 7am, too!

I love it when the days get longer. It is very hard to get going in the morning when it is still dark when I get up and go to work. Here is a website that you can check the sunrise and sunset times in your area. You can use a selected city of enter latitude and longitude coordinates to get a more accurate table. So, all those who got GPS units for Christmas here is your chance to practice.

Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

Back
Top Bottom