The ties are broken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are so great!! This is why I come here. Not to tell my woes, but, to feel better as you always make me feel!
img_562028_0_a53ec44605acf705e39efa133df8f07a.gif

Stacy, I can only add my sympathy and support to all the others listed above this post. Some people have to learn about life through making mistakes. Maybe he is one of those. He will find his own "wake-up" call one day but it won't be from you guys but from a stranger most likely. My ex is very like your son. It took him over ten years to realise how badly he treated me while we were together but has since apologised to me. He has battled drugs and alcohol for years. He still does but at least stays away from the serious stuff. He has worked out many things for himself but still has a long way to go. From your posts, your son sounds a lot more sensible than my ex, so I have great hopes for your son's future. Stay strong and look to the future.

Stacy I'm sorry. I really feel for you right now.
He's young still so I have hope for him.
I really can't say much more cause I don't
know what else to say. But we're here for
you whenever you need us. We love you.

I do know what you are going thru, Stacy. I won't go into the history here but know that my prayers are with you all.

Last edited:
stay strong tg. we're here for you anytime you need it.

many of us guys have gone through those really dumb stages early in life, and somehow made it through. some people only learn by making mistakes. believe me, i know.

what uncle bob said was right; just be ready to acept him and love him again as soon as he's ready or able..

I am so sorry for what you are going through and the pain you are feeling. You are doing the right things, Now keep praying and keep the arms open for when he wants to come back and rebuild his relationship. I did a study on the Prodigal Son recently and can see a lot that is similar, model yourself on the Father and look out for his return and welcome him back when it happens.

Lots of love Ray

I'm sorry your going through this Stacy, stay strong and when he comes back and says he was wrong, be there for him. Take care and you and your family will be in my thoughts.

Hey Texas Girl, for what its worth, I went through the same thing with my son a few years back. In and out of Jail, a two year bit in prison, drugs (methamphetamine is truly the scourge of our time)

Without going into a lot of detail, he left me no choice but to detach myself from him. He continued on the same path, left the state (while under house arrest) in a series of stolen cars, and wound up in Tennesee (in jail again) and then, without warning, turned his life around.

He's now gamefully employed, off drugs, supporting himself and paying his bills. I know it could all come crashing down tomorrow, but as a man much wiser then myself once said-"There are two days a week that you should never worry about-yesterday & Tomorrow"

My point is that for the sake of your sanity, you had to let go...but that does'nt mean you've lost him. In time he'll realize what is important in life and what is not-in the meantime, pray, and we'll all pray with you

Every single one you are so special to me!! You have been here for me to help me up when I fall and to hold my hand in worry and laugh with me when everyhing is going right in the world. Thank you!! I couldn't have PICKED a better group of people!!
img_562625_0_bc93023ecf81dd300dcf1670a2116256.gif

It's never easy being a Mom and sometimes you can only do so much. It takes a lot of strength to do what you are doing. Trust your instincts on this! *hugs*

TG,
I have been where you are now...it started when he was 13. When he was your son's age he said to himself one day "If I continue on this path..I am a dead man" That is the day he woke up and has been the best son anyone could have. I thank God I have him now.
Marge

As others have said, none of us can predict the future. You are doing what you are supposed to do, waiting for him to turn around, and hoping against hope that he will. You will be there when that time comes. In the meantime, all you can do is pray, and ask that the Lord will soften your son's heart toward what is good, and keep yourself sane for the others in your life, and for yourself. I too will pray for your son.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It would be trite and stupid to tell you it'll all work out in the end, but who knows? Deep down there must be love there. Given time, all hurts can be mended. Who knows? You may reconnect down the road. He has to walk his own path for now, but maybe someday...:)

It's tough being a parent with all the right and wrong choices that our kids have today. We carry them 9 months and feel their life moving in us and we have all sorts of aspirations and hopes for their future and when we find out time and time again that all is not going well and that there is nothing that we can do to change things no matter what we do, it's a hard realization to accept. Stick to the tough love and hopefully one day your son wil turn his love around, but in the meantime you have to move forward and think of yourself and other family members. Please, hang in there.........

Stacey, I am sorry to just now be seeing this problem that you've been having. I don't know how this got by me, but I didn't see it.

I don't know what started all of this so I feel as though I'm out of the loop here.
The wise suggestions in here are typical of these wonderful and caring people.
It never ceases to amaze me how caring all in here are.
Take their constructive words as best you can and pray the rest of the time for understanding/healing/assurance/wisdom/guidance/strength/and then finally.....an end, a peaceful end, to this madness.

Kids are two things in the same exact moment, this I've thought so many times in my own life:
our biggest source of joy
our biggest source of frustration

Back
Top Bottom