DID YOU KNOW...
DEFEATING THE PURPOSE:
IN ANCIENT ROME, LADIES BATHED IN SWAN FAT AND DONKEY MILK.
1. In what US city do all three of the pro sports franchises use the same two main team colors ?
2. What CEO bounced back after being fired by Henry Ford II in 1978 ?
3. Who was professional golf's first earnings millionaire ?
4. A Chinese man digging a well in 1970 discovered an 8,000-man "Army"
made of..... what ?
5. Before they moved to Newark and became the Jersey Devils, what was the team's name ?
(Hint; it was the same name now used by a professional baseball club)
6. The 1968 film CHARLY
was based on what literary work ?
7. Which stroke is swum first in a "Medley" swimming event ?
8. The word "Buttonhook" is used in what sport ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A "GEEK" is a carnival performer known for such antics as biting the heads off live chickens.
2. Lee Iacocca
3. Arnold Palmer
5. Colorado Rockies
6. Flowers for Algernon
7. The Butterfly
While the term has come to connote a nerdy, bespectacled computer expert (usually lacking in social skills), the "geek" used to be more commonly known as the wild man in traveling shows- usually performing in a pit full of snakes.