NFL playoffs looming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would like the Lions to go to the Super Bowl, but assuming the Ratbirds will be the AFC team, I want the NFC team that has the best chance of beating them to go.

My remaining playoff hopes are, in this order...

1. See that Ratbirds lose (that actually applies every week of every season).

2. See the Lions win a Super Bowl.

BTW, all of the teams in the AFC North are rivals, but one thing Browns, Bengals and Steelers fans have in common is a genuine hatred for the Ratbirds. :LOL:

CD

The Bills and KC are playing right now. This just came across my feed. 🤣

1705887599932.png

Similarly, I have a soft spot for Brock Purdy, but his team HAS been to the SB. So....I remain: Go Lions.

I'm okay with SF, and Brock Purdy has definitely done well, especially for someone who joined SF as a third string QB. My only reservation with SF is that one more SB win will tie them with my Steelers for six SB wins.

CD

Except for the Steelers part, I completely agree. But the Lions have never gone. So Go Lions.

Brock has done an amazing job! He was much more than a third-string QB. He was Mr. Irrelevant in the 2022 Draft! How many can say they are still playing when they were drafted so low! I hope he does very well and has a long career....except for when playing the BEARS, ofc.

Jason is celebrating Travis by going shirtless and drinking beer with fans. Next time I need to indicate the definition of sibling love, I am sharing this example with my sister. ;)

I keep reading about the upcoming draft. If Chicago lets Justin go, I am going to be better off locked in my room for a week than trying to interact with polite people.
I plan to start a new thread about the draft after February 11th. I listen to sports radio in Chicago quite a lot, and it seems pretty clear that the knowledgeable people think the Bears are going after Caleb Williams. Best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, they say, and four years of rookie contract means the team can afford better talent all over. Frustrating, though; all these years of having no one who could play quarterback, actually drafting a guy who looks like he can play, and now they'll be getting rid of him.

If they do, I'll believe the team set him up to fail. Two years with no one to throw to and one year with one decent receiver. Three years of bad coaching. Want to know how to break a quarterback? Watch the Bears.

@dr morbius Understood. I will start preparing my mourning space tomorrow morning with visions of Ryan Leaf (qb drafted the same year as P. Manning and hailed as a miracle worker only to be washed up by week 4.) They know Justin is growing, gaining, and has gone from better to good. They also know they could get some really quality draft picks with the right wheeling and dealing. They should know what you pointed out (no one to throw a ball to, only one decent receiver, and lousy coaching for three years.) We can add that they also did not have anyone who could keep a defense off of him for two of those years! SO...if the management does cut Justin, prepare for a coaching/management change next year.

This kind of thing makes me crazy. So does the decision to move the Bears to Arlington. Where is Virginia? Could anyone get to her to encourage her to keep what she has or clean house early?

Buffalo just lost to Kansas City 27-24. A missed field goal late in the fourth would have sent the game into overtime. I have to feel for Bills fans; they finally get a home game against these Chiefs and lose again anyway.

Kansas City just defeated a really good team on the road (home teams are 8-2 in these playoffs). Baltimore represents an entirely different kettle of fish. Hate them or not, the Ravens are damn good and I expect to see them fighting the Niners in the Superbowl three weeks from now.

Last edited:
Except for the Steelers part, I completely agree. But the Lions have never gone. So Go Lions.

Brock has done an amazing job! He was much more than a third-string QB. He was Mr. Irrelevant in the 2022 Draft! How many can say they are still playing when they were drafted so low! I hope he does very well and has a long career....except for when playing the BEARS, ofc.

Jason is celebrating Travis by going shirtless and drinking beer with fans. Next time I need to indicate the definition of sibling love, I am sharing this example with my sister. ;)

I'm pretty sure Mitch Trubisky will be available soon, if you want him back. :ROFLMAO:

JJ Watt and TJ Watt are another pair of NFL brothers that are that close.

CD

I'm talking the Lions. Even if Deebo Samuel plays, he won't be 100%. If he was healthy, I'd take the Niners. But Dan Campbell has these guys believing in themselves. This is going to be an outstanding football game.

The Baltimore Ravens look as complete as any football team I've seen in recent memory. The Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes, and he has proven to be one of the all-time great postseason players, and they also have a very good defense this year. But the Ravens have everything you could want: a front seven that gets a lot of pressure, a solid run defense, a secondary that takes the ball away, a great running game, and oh yes the likely MVP of 2023. Too much.

Lions vs Ravens in the Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure Mitch Trubisky will be available soon, if you want him back. :ROFLMAO:

CD
Mitch? Oh, sure. We will take Mitch back IF every team agrees to give him 50% extra processing time before every move. 🤣 <JK> I hope we keep Justin.

I'm talking the Lions. Even if Deebo Samuel plays, he won't be 100%. If he was healthy, I'd take the Niners. But Dan Campbell has these guys believing in themselves. This is going to be an outstanding football game.

The Baltimore Ravens look as complete as any football team I've seen in recent memory. The Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes, and he has proven to be one of the all-time great postseason players, and they also have a very good defense this year. But the Ravens have everything you could want: a front seven that gets a lot of pressure, a solid run defense, a secondary that takes the ball away, a great running game, and oh yes the likely MVP of 2023. Too much.

Lions vs Ravens in the Super Bowl.
No...no, No, NO, NO! The town is already decked out in purple.

I want a Tay-Tay vs. Lions Super Bowl!

I really expected to see a defensive clinic put on in the AFC championship game, and I did indeed see that... expect I thought Baltimore would be the ones teaching the lesson, not getting taught. The Chiefs were magnificent in a January game, not at all unusual over the last six seasons. Travis Kelce in particular had an outstanding game; not only does he have the most receptions in playoff history (passing the legendary Jerry Rice) and not only is he a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame when the time comes, he's spending many of his nights with Taylor Swift!

Heh-heh. No, I'm not jealous. Not much, anyway.

I should have known better that to pick against Patrick Mahomes in a playoff game. This was his 17th postseason game; he has won 14 of them. That includes a 2-1 record in the Super Bowl; he'll be attending his fourth in just six seasons as a starter. He has a way to go to catch the GOAT, Tom Brady, but there is nobody better at what he does on the planet. I was wrong on this pick (6-5 in the playoffs for me) but I do not mind a bit.

At this moment the Lions lead the Niners 14-7 in the 2nd quarter. It seems like everyone in the country wants to see the Lions make the big dance, with the exception of northern California. We will see.

While I generally wish Mr. Irrelevant well, I am happy to see the Lions ahead right now.

It may be leftover happiness as the Raven's lost. I thoroughly enjoyed the kibitzing of the Raven's fans online and am jubilant over the results!

On a side note, I saw a shirt for sale that reads, "Go Taylor's Boyfriend!" It had his number within a chief's logo.

So...what should we make for the super bowl. I'm cheering for San Fran because of Mr. Irrelevant. :)

We can drown our other sorrows in football munchies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom