trivia 2/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/12
DID YOU KNOW...
Our collective weight is going up. The average American male has gained 17.1 pounds and the average American female has added 15.4 pounds since 1988.

1. A chayote is...............
a. an animal
b. a vegetable
c. a mineral

2. On Dec. 18, 1957, the Shippingsport Atomic Power Station, the first civilian nuclear facility to generate electricity in the United States, went online in what State ?
3. What year was it ?
The first "Home Model" microwave oven was introduced...the film The Graduate was released...Dr. Christian Barnard performed the first heart transplant...
4. Can you name the other two Countries (besides the U.S.A.) ever to win the America's Cup ?
5. In the Matrix film series, what is the name of the last human city on earth ?
6. Who holds the title of Britain's longest-lived Monarch ?
7. What is the official language of Nigeria ?"
8. Who wrote the novel, Jurassic Park ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A group of rhinoceroses is known as a "Crash" .
1. b. vegetable
2. Pennsylvania
3. 1967
4. Australia and New Zealand
5. Zion
6. Queen Elizabeth II
7. English
8. Michael Crichton
TRUTH !
...........and a group of barracudas is a battery, a group of grasshoppers is a band, a group of eagles is a convocation, and a group of jellyfish is a smuth or fluther !

hmm.. as far as I know there is one mistake..

4. Can you name the other two Countries (besides the U.S.A.) ever to win the America's Cup ?

not only Australia and New Zealand, you forgot the Alinghi, coming from the well-known maritime nation:
Switzerland :D

hmm.. as far as I know there is one mistake..

not only Australia and New Zealand, you forgot the Alinghi, coming from the well-known maritime nation:
Switzerland :D

I've been known to post out-of-date trivia in the past; will probably happen again ;
But help me out here..........WHEN did Alinghi win the America's cup ?:question:

Back
Top Bottom