DID YOU KNOW...
On March 26, 1880, four men in Galisteo Junction, New Mexico, reported seeing a
strange object "monstrous in size" flying through the sky. Powered by a large fan-like
device, the craft was "shaped like a fish" and had elaborately painted characters on its sides.
(Remember, this was 24 years before the first Wright Brothers flight.)
1. What is the name of a 1958 film starring James Stewart that is also a feeling of dizziness while stationary?
2. Where in the human body would I find the Tympanic Membrane ?
(Bonus; what’s the more common name for this membrane ?)
3. In 1967, which American rock and roll group was banned from television after their live performance on the "Ed Sullivan Show" ?
4. What is the official auxiliary of the United States Air Force?
5. In May 2011, Harold Camping made headlines for trying to predict what?
6. Who Am I ?
I was the first head of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
One of my sons won a Pulitzer Prize.
I was once the US Ambassador to Great Britain.
A grandson, a daughter and a son all perished on board planes in separate incidents.
a. - Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr.
b. – John Pierpont Morgan
c. - Adlai Stevenson
d. - John Foster Dulles
7. Which city is the oldest continually occupied European-established city in the USA?
8. Who was the Greek goddess of love?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The U.S. Constitution’s first ten amendments were added over the first 7 years of the Union.
2. The ear
3. The Doors
4. Civil Air Patrol
5. The End of the World
6. – a
7. St. Augustine
The first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution, or the Bill of Rights, were adopted as a single unit on Dec. 15, 1791. They constitute a collection of mutually reinforcing guarantees of individual rights and of limitations on federal and state governments. The Bill of Rights derives from the Magna Carta (1215), the English Bill of Rights (1689), the colonial struggle against king and Parliament, and a gradually broadening concept of equality among the American people
“I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.”
― Erma Bombeck