DID YOU KNOW...
ENIAC, the first electronic computer, appeared 50 years ago. The original ENIAC was about 80 feet long, weighed 30 tons, had 17,000 tubes.By comparison, a desktop computer today can store a million times more information than an ENIAC, and is 50,000 times faster.
1. In the area of experimental xenotransplants (animal to human organ transplants) what are the two most favorable animals of choice ?
2. In geometry, what adjective is used to describe angles of between 90 and 180 degrees ?
3. Really Tough Question Department; (worth TWO for a correct answer)
As mandated by the FDA, the percentage of what four vitamins and minerals must appear on all packaged food products ?
4. What wall surface is created by mixing Portland cement, Lime, and Water ?
5. What is the Common name for Israel's Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations ?
6. To date, (May, 2009) what country boasts having the tallest building in the world ?
7. In a standard 5-line Limerick, ("There once was a woman from Kent....etc..") which line rhymes with the third line ;
a.- the first line
b.- the second line
c.- the fourth line
d.- the fifth line
8. What does Pommes Frites translate to in English ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Ronald Reagan is the only U.S. President since Truman never to have had an audience with the Pope.
1. Baboons and Pigs
3. Vitamin A - vitamin c - Calcium - Iron
7. c.- Fourth line
8. "French Fries"
Every President since Eisenhower has met with the Pope at least once, sometimes more..........President Bush is the Oval Office-holder to do it the most, with five meetings with two popes.
President Carter hosted the first White House visit by a pope, when John Paul II came on Oct. 6, 1979.
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister