What is your weather like right now? 2020 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi all! [emoji16]

We are enjoying a cooler day after a couple of weeks of really hot, dry weather. We've had a nice light rain today, which is great for the garden.

We do have Hurricane Isaiahs to look forward to [emoji38] It's expected to be a tropical storm by the time it gets here, so we're not too worried. Been through this many times before.
152416_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.jpg

Marking myself safe [emoji2] We got lucky - no damage and we never even lost power. Hope everyone else who is in its path fares as well.

It looks like we're on the tail end of this weather event, although the wind is still vigorous. All the trees within view are still upright, so that's a good thing! The wind was so brisk the poor little hummingbirds were being pushed backwards when they would approach the feeder. I hope they get to eat enough today.

Looks like we are going to get a fair amount of rain from that storm, here on the Island of Montreal.

*BUMP*

We're having some very nice weather this week - it's cooler during the day - low 80s and meh on the humidity. Light rain on and off for the last few days.

I'd like to hear from our West Coast friends about how things are going for you. My dad's house in Auberry, CA, was destroyed by the fire around Shaver Lake east of Fresno. The entire town was evacuated the day before, so he and his wife are safe. I have family in Chico and the mountains near there. They have had to evacuate before - not sure about now. There don't seem to be any fires near my sister in Temecula.

Thinking about everyone in the danger zone out there [emoji813]

We've had a pretty good week as well. Except for yesterday, when we had a LOT of much needed rain. Today and the next few days will be great if a bit cool.

*BUMP*

We're having some very nice weather this week - it's cooler during the day - low 80s and meh on the humidity. Light rain on and off for the last few days.

I'd like to hear from our West Coast friends about how things are going for you. My dad's house in Auberry, CA, was destroyed by the fire around Shaver Lake east of Fresno. The entire town was evacuated the day before, so he and his wife are safe. I have family in Chico and the mountains near there. They have had to evacuate before - not sure about now. There don't seem to be any fires near my sister in Temecula.

Thinking about everyone in the danger zone out there [emoji813]

I'm, truly sad to see this. I lived in the Fresno area for 25+ years and the Shaver Lake area was our camping playground. Auberry was and I hope still is, a wonderful place. We have friends impacted by these fire disasters.

Happy that your dad and his wife are safe.

Ross

Batten down the birdies! A very strong line of storms is moving through with wind gusts near 60 MPH! Hard rain, thunder and lightning (very, very frightening ;) ), tiny hail, and steady winds now, but it should all be gone soon. Just hoping the power stays on...

CG, I was going to tell you to keep that weather to yourself. But, then I checked the weather radar and see that it is coming from the north and west, so your weather isn't coming here. We're just having normal fall weather with cool temperatures and a bit of rain.

Batten down the birdies! A very strong line of storms is moving through with wind gusts near 60 MPH! Hard rain, thunder and lightning (very, very frightening ;) ), tiny hail, and steady winds now, but it should all be gone soon. Just hoping the power stays on...

CG, I was going to tell you to keep that weather to yourself. But, then I checked the weather radar and see that it is coming from the north and west, so your weather isn't coming here. We're just having normal fall weather with cool temperatures and a bit of rain.

Well, I had
Sun, High Winds, Low Wind c Drizzle Rain,
Heavy Rain c High Winds, Sun c High Wind,
Power Failure (10 min.), VERY Loud Thunderstorm,

finished with some Beautiful Sun and High Winds. Pretty dark by 17:00 hours!..

have no idea which direction it came from
It is hazy and 47F (8/5C) , feels like 41F Might go another 2 degrees if the sun can show up just a teeny bit more.
Actually quite nice to work outside - lovely fall day.

Never should have said anything about our power. About 6:30 last night, everything electrical went off, then came right back on...then went OFF. Rut-roh. Finally restored around 10:00 this morning.

At least it's a beauty outside. Sunny, sparkling blue skies, and not much wind. A chilly 54, however, and heading down cold enough for a frost warning tonight. Thank Goodness we'll have heat tonight.

This weather is strange - the temperature seems to be rising now that the sun is down! Today was the coolest day, so far - only supposed to get to 50° today, which it was pretty close to, but it's rising now! And it has been barely raining, mostly misting, all day, though it's only up to .07". My heater still hasn't clicked on, but this will be the first night for it, as there was not any sun, to warm it up today.

Another two inches of snow and remain on Winter Storm Watch until 6 am tomorrow. I probably should have gone out and cleaned off the car today, but it was so cozy inside out of the wind.

Yesterday and today. Yesterday it was only snowing on the mountain. Today it has moved down to the town. We could get 12 inches here in town. The mountain will get several feet.

Attachments

• IMG_2789 (3).jpg
    IMG_2789 (3).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2795.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom