Pineapple Casserole?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
I was watching a rerun of "Jon & Kate + 8" the other day and it was a christmas show. Along with the other food, Kate served a "pineapple cassarole". They didn't show it so I couldn't even try to figure out what was in it, aside for pineapple.
They are in Pa., so I don't think it's regional, duh, - no pineapple native to Pa.
Is it fresh or canned? What else could be in it?
Any ideas?

Thanks, LC61. I'll check it out. The only one I saw here way on page 18, of 1-18, in the fruit & nut cat., that was from Amber, on 1/14/05.
It had hot dogs and baked beans as part of it. Not typical, I would think.
I'll get back with something I've decided on.

I found 3 .
1. pg. 3, # 21
2. pg. 4, # 34
3. pg. 7, # 64

All have cinnamon. # 4, I'm not sure of. Sounds like too much bread for the amount of other ingredients.
And any of them, I'll probably do a brown sugar topping.

After I saw the show, i thought of this for the pulled pork idea, as a side with the coleslaw.

I was surprised, the rest, or most had some kind of cheese. Never thought of that combo. Doesn't turn me on.

Thanks for the lead, LadyCook.

I was watching a rerun of "Jon & Kate + 8" the other day and it was a Christmas show. Along with the other food, Kate served a "pineapple casserole". They didn't show it so I couldn't even try to figure out what was in it, aside for pineapple.

They are in Pa., so I don't think it's regional, duh, - no pineapple native to Pa.
Is it fresh or canned? What else could be in it?
Any ideas?​

when my mother was in hospital, she was there for three months.we ate a lot in the café at the hospital. the chef served a delicious pineapple casserole. i will look for recipe and send it to you. tomorrow. i really had to flatter him to get the recipe.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just saw your post, babe.
Thanks.
I've had the pork in the oven @ 200 degrees since around 6am. So it should be delicious by tonight. But holding it for Sunday party. I just don't want to run around like a nut tomorrow.​

Coleslaw already made. Some don't like it, so pineapple will be good alternative.
With corn on the cob, greens salad, and egg rolls for dipping, my job is done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom