Cheap cake decorating tools, utensils and pans found!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacardi

Senior Cook
This might be common knowledge to most but might help out those of us who are just starting out with cake decorating...

1st, I'm cheap...lol...Walmart actually has a cake section.

At my local walmart, in the kitchen section. I was unable to cake pans with straight sides, could not find an offset spatula nor find a cake turntable.

Then I came across the WEDDING section, which I thought was just invitations and ribbons. To my surprise they have all kinds of tools and straight sided cake pans...Everything seemed to be half of what I thought it would cost.

Disclaimer...I am a complete newbie, so I don't know about the quality of any of this stuff. But that being said, it appears for about $20-$30 you'd have all the tools you'd need to start making some cakes and see if this is a hobby you want to get into.

It's better to start with cheap sometimes to find out if it's what you want to do. THEN go to he better stuff.

Yup yup...You guys confirmed the last ten words I said at the end of my original post. Another bonus...Even if you discover that it's not for you and "{your last name}'s world famous cakes" won't be a reality, you still own the tools to produce a professional cake occasionally for friends and family :)

Back
Top Bottom