Give me a chocolate cupcake recipe, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Sure, I could do a search and just grab a recipe off the internet, but every now and then I like to make a member's recipe and see how it comes out for me. And right now I'm in the mood for a cupcake recipe :)
And I've got all this chocolate stuff in the pantry... I've got Hershey's unsweetened cocoa, I've got their special dark cocoa, I've got some bittersweet chips and some Toll House chips... And for some unknown reason I've got a package of cupcake papers, too :wacko: I'm pretty sure I must have a pan somewhere... :rolleyes:

Now, the caveat, should you choose to help me with this request, I don't want to have to go out and purchase a bunch of stuff I don't have. For instance, I wouldn't mind picking up a bottle of Kahlua, but if your recipe has truffle oil, or three strands of saffron or Jamaican cocoa beans or one cup of espresso... it ain't happening. I guess we won't know what I might not have until I see the recipe, but try to keep it fairly basic, and EASY. My oven has a mind of its own, so I already have that working against me.

And should your recipe be chosen and made... and come out... it will find its way into Pacanis' preferred provisions procedures. Otherwise known as my stack of recipes :LOL:

Oh, and if you are reading this Goodweed, I've got one can of condensed milk left ;)

Show me your chocolate cupcake recipes! :chef:

I'm always looking out for another great cake or cupcake recipe. I don't really have a go-to recipe for cupcakes. When I make a chocolate cake I use the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. That recipe might be tricky for cupcakes since the batter is so thin, but it makes a really great moist cake. I guess you could pour it in with a measuring cup.

Condensed. I've never had evaporated milk. I always figured evaporated milk was a powder... after all, it is evaporated ;)

I'm always looking out for another great cake or cupcake recipe. I don't really have a go-to recipe for cupcakes. When I make a chocolate cake I use the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. That recipe might be tricky for cupcakes since the batter is so thin, but it makes a really great moist cake. I guess you could pour it in with a measuring cup.

Good suggestion. I didn't even look on the back of one of the cans to see what kind of ingredients I might need.
I'm still hoping though that someone will show up with a TNT failsafe recipe. I know I have a problem with brownies, but that's the premixed stuff.

Sorry I didn't get to your request yesterday, Pac. I had a lot going on. I will be posting a recipe for cake, filling and topping some time this morning PDT :chef:

It's very TNT - came from one of my best baking instructors.....My Mom!

This is a recipe for a cake, but I have successfully used it for cupcakes. Very moist and tasty. I'd check them at 15-20 minutes in the oven

1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa and then fill to 1 1/2 cups with very hot water
1 egg beaten (just with a fork)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda in the cocoa measuring cup pour in 1/3 cup hot water, swish around to get all the cocoa remnants out.

Cream butter and sugar well. Pour in the cocoa liquid and stir well. Leave for a moment or two, then add beaten egg. Add the baking soda and water mixture, then add the dry ingredients. Make sure to mix thoroughly at this step to avoid any flour lumps later. Pour into a greased 10 inch springform and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. It may need more. Leave it in for increments of 5 minutes. Check every five minutes and remove as soon as it is done. Toothpick test is not very accurate as this is a moist cake. Look for cake to bounce back when touched in center of cake instead.

Plenty of time, LP.

Dang Alix, this baking stuff is hard. It took me ten re-reads to figure out what you were doing with the water and cocoa, lol. It makes perfect sense now though.

Anybody got a dark chocolate frosting recipe?
And I'm not opposed to a cream filling either, as long as I can get the cream in using either a turkey baster or a meat injector.

Pac, I am having problems finding the filling and frosting (not on the same card) but will will post the cake recipe now.

pacanis, you want a frosting type deal or perhaps a nice ganache? I can give you the ganache, but you will want to put your cupcakes in the fridge for a bit to set it.

pacanis, you want a frosting type deal or perhaps a nice ganache? I can give you the ganache, but you will want to put your cupcakes in the fridge for a bit to set it.

Gotta have frosting or it's nothing more than a muffin ;)
:LOL:

I'll have to look up ganache and see what it is before I say yes or no :huh:
hmmm, cold cupcakes... could I keep them out of the fridge once the frosting sets?

Off to check out your frosting recipe, Kayelle. Thanks.

Don't have one of those either, Andy. Unless you count the one someone gave to me that fits across the sink. That might be kind of unwieldy.
I just never have the need to sift anything... anymore... :angel:

Here's the simple recipe, Pacanis. No strainers, sifters, anything needed. And if you don't have buttermilk, put a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice in measuring cup, fill with milk to a 1/2 cup, stir and let sit for 5 or so minutes.

Thanks LP.
And thanks on the sour milk tip. I knew it was vinegar but couldn't remember how much.

Back
Top Bottom