ISO Pumpkin Ice Cream Cheesecake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boog0515

Cook
heyy everyone. i had a amazing dessert and I was wondering if either someone has it or if someone can help me with how to make it just from the title. . . . Pumpkin Ice cream Cheesecake. it was soooooo good. I had it at dinner and one of those fancy places and I cant find this recipe anywhere. if anyone can help please do!!! :-D thanks

pumkin ice cream cheese cake

heyy. . does anyone know how i would make a pumpkin icecream cheesecake? could I just use a pumpkin cheesecake recipe let it cool tops with vanilla icecream freeze it then add whipped cream and caramel? does that sound like it would be right?

I don't think that would work, If you had the cake cold enough to keep the ice cream from melting, the cheesecake would be frozen.

I agree with Andy. Plus, I'd be afraid taht the weight of the ice cream would sink the cheesecake.

Would you be interested in Pumkin Cheesecake Ice Cream or does it have to be an ice cream cheesecake?

my boyfriends mom had made it for thanksgiving but had passed away this past year. I had asked him for it but his family doesnt even know where her recipe is. She had the recipe from an old restuarant in our area that also closed down so I cant get it from there. I wanted to make it for him because it was his favorite dessert. if you think of anything it would be an amazing help.

I'm going to make a guess that it is something like a graham cracker cheesecake crust filled with a pumpkin flavored cheesecake ice cream (or a cross between a pumpkin ice cream pie and cheesecake ice cream) - placed in the freezer until "set" to the desired consistency and then topped with whipped cream and/or caramel sauce - if that is the way you had it.

Well, I looked and I couldn't find a recipe for this, either. So, I just started piecing it together ... I've not make this but it seems it should be something close to what you're talking about. In fact, it sounds good and I might have to try it. I hope this gets you close to what you're looking for:

Baked graham cracker crust:

Preheat oven to 325° F

2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.

Bake crust in a 325° F until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes, then chill or freeze until cold, 5 to 10 minutes.

For the filling:

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, chilled
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 quart cheesecake ice cream, softened (recipe follows)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Chill a mixing bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer until cold, then ...

Working quickly, mix pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cheesecake ice cream and nuts (if using) until well blended.

Spoon filling into crust and smooth out.

Freeze until solid, about 5 hours, then cover and freeze up to 1 week.

To Serve:

About 15 minutes before serving, remove sides from pan, move "cake" to a serving plate, and let stand in refrigerator to soften slightly. Cut into wedges.

Top with whipped cream, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, maple syrup ... whatever.

Cheesecake Ice Cream

6 oz. cream cheese, softened but still cool
3/4 C. superfine sugar
1 C. cold sour cream
1 C. cold heavy cream
pinch of coarse kosher salt
1/4 t. vanilla extract

Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer in the freezer until cold. In the bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until soft and smooth. Gradually add the sugar in 3-4 additions, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and then the heavy cream. Add the salt, and vanilla; beat the mixture just until thick and smooth.

Cover and refrigerate overnight, or until very cold.

Wash and dry the beaters and chill again.

Using the chilled beaters and gradually increasing the mixer speed from low to medium, beat the cold ice cream mixture until loose and creamy, about 3 minutes. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Pack the ice cream in covered container and freeze for up to 24 hours - or use immediately for filling above.

EDITED TO SAY:

Drat! Dina posted her link while I was looking stuff up and typing ... that would certainly make a good filling!

Last edited:
man! lol im not a blonde but putting the name of the place does bring results!! I JUST FOUND IT!! haha

this recipe was sooo good! i hate pumpkin and this was sooo amazing! i feel bad for telling you guys it was cheesecake. it tasted and looked like it. make it and lemme know what you think! Thanks for your recipes also. i am def going to keep those for the future

Frozen pie is an annual treat

11/24/2004
space.gif
space.gif
We run this recipe every year just before Thanksgiving.
John's Flaming Hearth Pumpkin Pie

1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened

1 cup canned pumpkin

3/4 cup granulated sugar

Dash salt

1/4 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup heavy cream

1 baked 9-inch pie shell
Spread ice cream in cooled pie shell. Place in freeze until hardened. Blend pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices together. Whip cream until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into frozen pie shell over the ice cream. Cover and replace in freezer until ready to use. When serving, if desired, cover with additional whipped cream

man! lol im not a blonde but putting the name of the place does bring results!! I JUST FOUND IT!! haha

this recipe was sooo good! i hate pumpkin and this was sooo amazing! i feel bad for telling you guys it was cheesecake. it tasted and looked like it. make it and lemme know what you think! Thanks for your recipes also. i am def going to keep those for the future

Frozen pie is an annual treat

11/24/2004
space.gif
space.gif
We run this recipe every year just before Thanksgiving.
John's Flaming Hearth Pumpkin Pie

1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened

1 cup canned pumpkin

3/4 cup granulated sugar

Dash salt

1/4 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup heavy cream

1 baked 9-inch pie shell
Spread ice cream in cooled pie shell. Place in freeze until hardened. Blend pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices together. Whip cream until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into frozen pie shell over the ice cream. Cover and replace in freezer until ready to use. When serving, if desired, cover with additional whipped cream

Boog, your post stuck in my head, and today I came across a pumpkin praline cheesecake, for anyone that wants to give it a try (but no ice cream).

Pumpkin-Praline Cheesecake

Your recipe sounds delish! Must give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom