July 4th USA Flag Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
This photo is a USA Flag Cake ... They are very versatile for football matches, and other holiday festivities around the world. This one is made with fresh blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream.

Attachments

• bandera.jpg
    bandera.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 341
Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is my 1st photo attachment ... It just took me 2 hours, to figure it all out.

Thanks to all those who have sent me simple step by step instructions ...

Sorry, the Vet scanned it too tiny ... However, practice makes purrfect !

Happy 4th,
Ciao,
Margi.

allow me.................my copy is a little bit larger ...........

img_1155480_0_6c1ddc62eeef21229fd64fd1ab0d7e5b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, Margi! I made one like it years ago for DH's birthday, I used raspberries.

Dawgluver,

Wow ... It is truly a gorgeous looking topping ... the cake is sponge and simple yellow ...

Thanks and Happy July 4th to you and DH ... and of course, the lovely canine mascot.

Ciao.
Margi.

Not to be outdone, and seeing as this is Canada Day.....;)
Canadian_Flag_Cake.jpg
This isn't actually a cake, it is Jello with strawberries and covered with whipping cream and strawberries. I have done the same design on cake but don't have a picture.

Last edited:
Laurie,

Your Canadian flag jello looks spectacular.

Enjoy ... Thanks for posting ur photo. This is my 1st photo posted with a little help from Lucky Trim.

Happy 1st,
Margi.

Wonderful, LP! Happy Canada Day!

Margi, I must tell you that since I'm not a baker, my cake was lopsided. It was also a layered sponge cake. It did look great when viewed from above...

Dawgluver,

I find it quite exhausting to not be able to just publish our photos in same way as our albums ... directly ... We seem to have to go through a daunting process.

My viewpoint of course ...

I am sure, that your cake was delicious anyway !

Kindest.
Margi.

I made a cake several years back with the same theme. The difference between mine and that cake was that I piped whipped cream between the rows of strawberries, which were cut into rectangles, and placed directly on the cake. The blue berry field was identicle, but with whipped cream piped into stars. It wasn't accurate in numbers of stars, but it looked and tasted great. The cake I used was angel food cake, and the whipped cream was stabilized with gelatin. This is an easy cake to do.

I've also made a red, white (off-white), and blue cheesecake, with each layer a separate color. This was trickier. I blind baked the crust after making 3 separate layers of cheesecake filling. To make the layers, simply line the spring-form pan with parchment paper, pour in the cheescake filling, and bake until firm set. When cooled, remove the pan sides, and slide a thin, plastic cutting sheet between the firm custard and parchment paper. Set aside and repeat for each colored layer.

To color the layers, I added food coloring, and pie filling to the layers. The white layer was the filling for a New York Cheesecake.

The custard will have shrunk in diameter just a little.

Blind bake a graham cracker crust in the same spring-form pan. When it is done, and chilled, gently lift each layer of filling, and slide it from the cutting sheet, into the crust. Top with decorative swirls of blueberry, and strawberry pie filling, or glaze, or freezer jam. It was so good, and no one could figure out how I made it.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom