Peanut Butter Balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I found this recipe this morning. I don't remember where, but here it is.
I'm making this tonight for sure.

Peanut Butter Ball Recipe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ½ cups peanut butter, Skippy or equivalent, not natural peanut butter
3/4 to 1 full box powdered sugar
½ cup butter. softened
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix peanut butter, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended.

Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer until all the sugar is mixed in. The dough will be slightly crumbly.

Form the dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch size balls by rolling the dough between your hands. Set formed balls on a plate or cookie tray.

In a double boiler add:

12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips, Guitard is my favorite for its flavor
2 Tbs. shortening

Heat the double boiler to the lowest boil you can achieve.
When the chips are melted, dip one peanut butter ball into the chocolate with tooth picks. Roll the ball in the chocolate until it is well covered.

Remove the peanut butter ball with tooth picks to cookie sheets lined with waxed paper.

Once they are cool you can put them in plastic containers in the refrigerator or freezer. They will keep for several weeks

Howdy,
I posted a great peanut butter center recipe on the other forum...It's called Tigger Butter...only white chocolate and peanut butter....3 parts peanut butter to 7 parts white chocolate...just melt them together...

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to also include Crushed Graham Crackers until it's roughly the same consistency..

Just if you're looking for a new version..

-Brad

I make the same things Gobo, but I make them into peanutbutter cups, using those little brown wrappers you find for the reeses brand peanutbutter cups. They taste great!

They're done.

I just finished making them.
As you can see somebody already took one. (My mom)

Attachments

• PeanutButterBalls.JPG
    PeanutButterBalls.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 218
Now are you going to coat those in chocolate or leave them to much on like that?
I'm getting hungry! lol

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
aguynamedrobert said:
Now are you going to coat those in chocolate or leave them to much on like that?
I'm getting hungry! lol

Robert
Chocolate

Those are coated with chocolate.

Gobo, I made the same recipe but add rice krispies in the dough! Aren't they delicious! And they look so pretty too! Great job!

That sounds good too. They are great! I shared them with some friends, and they said they're better than Reeces. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom