ISO - Pork Tenderloin recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LifeIsOnTheWire

Assistant Cook
I'm in search of some interesting Pork Tenderloin recipes. I've been trying several different methods in the past. I'm looking for something easy, but if it's interesting enough I don't mind spending the time on it :)

This is a very versatile cut of pork. It a premium cut equivalent to the tenderloin in beef that yields filet mignon. As it is very lean, it's best cooked hot and fast.

Most marinades will add a wonderful flavor before it's grilled, roasted or pan seared. You can also slice the tenderloin and pound it thin in to a cutlet. Once you have the cutlet, you can treat it like veal or chicken and make Cordon Bleu, saltim boca, milanese, parmesan, etc.

You can split it open lengthwise and stuff it with walnuts and dried cranberries or spinach and feta, tie it and roast it.

I don't recommend using it in crockpot recipes. Other cuts of pork are better suited for that.

I marinate in a garlic, pepper, and Dales. Marinate for a half hour to one hour, then roast (with onions, potatoes, and carrots if desired) Cook to medium well.

season to your liking put on the grill at 45 deg, then turn 180 deg to get cris cross lines, about 5 minutes. Turn over and do the same thing. You can finish it in the oven for about 15 minutes after that or leave on the grill a littlebit longer. Whatever you like as far as donness goes. Serve with horseredish sauce, you can get it in any store or make your own by mixing sour cream and horse readish. I prefer siver bell brand it is very strong and works well in mixture.

Here's one of my favorite ways with pork tenderloin.

Cut the tenderloin into four equal pieces. Place each piece between plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Cut a horizontal slit in each piece to form a pocket.

In a small bowl combine:
2-3 Tbs. toasted sliced almonds
3-4 slices of diced bacon, cooked and drained
2-3 cloves of grated garlic
4 finely chopped shallots
fine grated lemon zest from two lemons
2-3 tbs olive oil
Mix, and spoon into pork pockets

Salt and pepper the meat and brown in a hot skillet with olive oil. Reduce heat and add 1/2 cup of chicken broth with the juice of a lemon, carefully turn pockets and simmer covered for about 15 min till pork is done. Reduce liquid in pan and add a pat of butter. Pour over pork pockets. Delish.

Here's one of my favorite ways with pork tenderloin.

Cut the tenderloin into four equal pieces. Place each piece between plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Cut a horizontal slit in each piece to form a pocket.

You lost me, Kayelle. If I flatten it by pounding it, how can I then cut a pocket into it?

Wouldn't I place the filling into the flattened meat and fold the meat over to create the filled pocket?

Delia's Durango Pork Stew

My Mexican neighbor was a little gradmother with a huge heart and she cooked traditional, home-style everyday family meals from her native Durango, Mexico birthplace.

If you can't locate Tomatillos (the green husk-covered small tomatoes) red vine or roma tomatoes are fine.

1 lb Pork tenderloin cut in 1 to 2 inchcubes
1/2 onion
5 tomatoes - cut in halves
1 Jalapeno or Serrano green chili *optional*
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dry oregano
fresh cilantro (to taste)
salt & pepper to taste
1/3rd up water or chicken stock

salt & pepper the pork cubes and brown in 2 tablespoons or so of vegetable oil, take out of pan and set aside.

In a blender or food processor:

put in cut tomatoes, green chili, garlic clove, onion, dry oregano, cilantro, salt & water
and process till smooth, add more water or broth if too thick.

Heat the same pan you browned the pork in and add more oil (a couple of tablespoons or more).

Pour the blender sauce into the hot pan, reduce the heat and stir and cook for 5 minutes, the sauce should turn a deeper red. Return the pork cubes to the sauce and simmer for about 25 minutes a low heat. Adjust salt.

This is perfect with white rice and a salad. It also makes killer burritos on flour tortillas.

P.S. Sometimes "Delia" would add cooked potatoes to the stew, it's a great dish to "play around with".

You lost me, Kayelle. If I flatten it by pounding it, how can I then cut a pocket into it?
You could cut the pocket before pounding it if it's easier for you. The meat should only be slightly flattened, not flattened thin.

Wouldn't I place the filling into the flattened meat and fold the meat over to create the filled pocket?
That would also work, if you would prefer to do it that way. It's fine with me. :LOL:

:chef:

Originally Posted by Timothy
You could cut the pocket before pounding it if it's easier for you. The meat should only be slightly flattened, not flattened thin.

That would also work, if you would prefer to do it that way. It's fine with me. :LOL:

Thanks Kayelle. I misunderstood you. I thought you meant to flatten the meat as one would for cordon bleu

welcome, alexander the grape. lol, cool uname. are you macedonian?

my paternal grandmother was named delia.

i have a good, tnt recipe for pork tenderloin with apples, sweet onions, fennel seeds, and wholegrain mustard.

lemme go look it up. bbl.

I butterflied one, stuffed it with seasoned spinach, toasted pine nuts, and feta cheese. Rolled, tied, seared and then place in the oven until it reached a temp of 135ºF. Let stand for about 15-20 minutes. Done to perfection. And with natural juices still in it. :yum:

I butterflied one, stuffed it with seasoned spinach, toasted pine nuts, and feta cheese. Rolled, tied, seared and then place in the oven until it reached a temp of 135ºF. Let stand for about 15-20 minutes. Done to perfection. And with natural juices still in it. :yum:

With the exception of the pine nuts, that sounds absolutely delicious, Addie! It's not that I don't like the pine nuts; I love them, but only by themselves. Same with all nuts. I've never enjoyed mixing them into anything, but I love eating them all by themselves. I've had a pork tenderloin in the freezer for some time now. I think I'll use your recipe to cook it! Thanks!

Addie, what temp. for the oven. Your technique sounds good.

375ºF. I would usually do meats at 350ºF. But a pork tenderloinn is so lean, that I want it to reach the right temp quickly, and then let it rest while the juices redistrubute and the temp rises some more. I also use the restaurant method. I place it in the oven in the same pan I sear it in. I have a couple of restaurant saute' pans. Heavy aluminum. They work perfectly for this technique.

Back
Top Bottom