DID YOU KNOW...
Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull turned down the offer to perform at Woodstock
(1969) because he didn't like hippies and was concerned about inappropriate
1. If my British friend gave me a 'Battenberg', what should I do with it ?
a. - Eat It
b. - Drink It
c. - Wear It
d. - Sit on It
2. Every fifth of November, Lewes in East Sussex, UK is famous for its
annual bonfire celebrations of which British commemoration?
3. Only one of these pitchers achieved 5,000 strikeouts in his career....
which one ?
a. - Randy Johnson
b. - Roger Clemens
c. - Nolan Ryan
d. - Steve Carlton
4. What is the main vegetable in vichyssoise?
5. Bible School ;
From the Book of Exodus, do you remember the name of Moses' father in law
a. - Judah
b. - Jacob
c. - Jeroboam
d. - Jethro
6. In terms of Governmental functions, what does N.R.C. stand for?
7. Strange Words are These ; FURKIN
a. - a Small Wooden Container
b. - a Volume of Beer
c. - Both of these
d. - Neither of these
8. Sauce Bigarade is a French sauce served with what dish?
a. - Beef
b. - Lamb
c. - Salmon
d. - Duck
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In Baseball lingo, a ‘Can of corn’, A high, easy-to-catch, fly ball hit to
the outfield, relates to an easy way to prepare a vegetable for dinner.
1. - a - It's a Cake
2. Guy Fawkes Night
3. - c
5. - d
6. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
7. - c
8. - d
Can of Corn is a high, easy-to-catch, fly ball hit to the outfield. The
phrase is said to have originated in the nineteenth-century and relates to
an old-time grocer's method of getting canned goods down from a high shelf.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi