DID YOU KNOW...
In the 1920s, newly arrived immigrants to Ellis Island were fed ice cream
sandwiches in their first meal-in order to introduce them to the finer
things of American culture.
1. Which of these events did NOT occur in 1984?
a. - Indira Gandhi assassinated
b. - Soviet-bloc boycotts LA Olympics
c. - Death of Yuri Andropov
d. - Death of Chairman Mao
2. The musical "Promises, Promises" first appeared on Broadway in 1968. It
is based on which 1960 film that starred Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine and
was directed by Billy Wilder?
a. - Barefoot in the Park
b. - The Out of Towners
c. - The Apartment
d. - What a Way to Go
3. In the "Harry Potter" series written by J.K. Rowling, what is the name of
Harry's owl, given to him by Hagrid?
4. A polar bear's skin is what color?
5. The Aeolian Islands is a cluster of volcanic islands in the Tyrrhenian
Sea. Which country do they belong to?
a. - Italy
b. - Greece
c. - France
d. - Tunisia
6. Which Beatles title track is this line from- "Roll up, roll up...step
right this way?"
7. "Bah ! Humbug !" Do you recall the name of Scrooge's sister ?
a. - Belle
b. - Fanny
c. - Liz/Elizabeth
d. - Emily
8. In the television show "Two and a Half Men," what is Charlie's last name?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Mist, drizzle, rain, sleet, hail and snow are forms of Precipitation.
1. - d
2. - c
5. - a
6. 'Magical Mystery Tour'
7. - b
In meteorology, precipitation is any product of the condensation of
atmospheric water vapor that falls under gravity.... That leaves mist off
the list !
Mist is a cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or
earth's surface limiting visibility, but to a lesser extent than fog;
strictly, with visibility remaining above 1.5 miles (1 km).
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi