DID YOU KNOW...
Some hummingbirds weigh less than a penny.
1. In 1962, Bobby "Boris" Pickett fronted which group that had two Billboard
Top 40 hits?
2. In Health Care, what are the three 'Vital' signs ?
3. When I learned about the Pharaoh Khufu in school in the Fifties, we
didn't call him Khufu ; what DID we call him ?
4. In liturgical Christian churches, when is Ascension Day celebrated?
5. Name That tune ;
"Now look at them yo-yo's,
That's the way you do it,
You play the guitar on the MTV.
That ain't workin',
That's the way you do it ....."
6. Who wrote 'The Naked and the Dead' ??
7. What did "USSR" stand for ?
8. Fill in the missing word in this 1979 hit by The Boomtown Rats, "I Don't
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 1918, an iron scow became lodged in the Niagara river that runs between
Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. In October, 2019, it finally became dislodged
during a windstorm and went over Niagara Falls.
1. the Crypt-Kicker Five
2. temperature, pulse and respiration
4. Thursday, the fortieth day after Easter
5. Money for Nothing
6. Norman Mailer
7. Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
The iron scow originally broke free from a dredging operation above the
Falls in 1918. The two workers on the scow at the time opened the bottom
dumping doors to flood the scow with water and sink it into the rocks in the
rapids above the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side. The men were rescued
and the scow remained in place in the rapids for over 100 years. It broke
free during a severe storm in October 2019 and moved closer to the edge of
the Falls before getting stuck in the rapids once again. It was originally
about a third of a mile (0.5 km) from the brink of Horseshoe Falls. Then it
moved about 164 feet (150 meters) downstream and became lodged again, and
there it remains.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi