DID YOU KNOW...
The first day of spring is called the vernal equinox. The term vernal is Latin for "spring" and equinox is Latin for "equal night"
1. Who were the three main women characters on the popular show 'Friends'?
2. If you were born on February 5, what is your sign?
3. Pate de Fois Gras is puréed goose liver marinated in..... what ?
4. Who played Axel Foley in the "Beverly Hills Cop" movies?
5. Joan of Arc, famous for leading the French army against the English
during the Hundred Years' War, is also known by what nickname?
6. Definition "F" - 8 letters
Lacking initiative or strength of character; irresponsible.
synonyms: useless, worthless, incompetent, inept, good-for-nothing,
7. What type of hat was worn by Harrison Ford in the "Indiana Jones"
8. What word represents the letter Q in the NATO Phonetic alphabet ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Chameleons have the ability to change the color of their skin in order to
match their surroundings as a camouflage tactic.
1. Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe
4. Eddie Murphy
5. The Maid of Orleans
Chameleons don't change color for camouflage. They do change their color -
but for two lesser-known reasons. The first reason chameleons change their
skin color won't be a surprise to anyone who has spent time in a black car
under the beaming hot sun on a summer day.
Dark colors absorb light, and therefore heat, while light colors reflect it.
Chameleons know this, so they use their skin color like a thermostat to
control their body temperature. When a chameleon is cold, he deepens his
skin to a darker shade such as pine green. When a chameleon wants to cool
off, he turns to lighter shades such as mint green. It's kinda like swapping
out your jeans to put on a bathing suit. Chameleons, like humans, adapt to
The second reason chameleons change color is also a familiar concept to
humans: self-expression. Chameleons will change their colors depending on
their moods. They'll darken their colors when fearful and brighten their
colors when excited. Males also change color more often than females, who
tend to use more subtle cues to communicate.
Just like humans will change their outfits or hairstyles to suit their mood
(like when we slip into our comfy PJs at the end of the day), a chameleon
may cycle through several different looks each day to fit the occasion. Some
pet owners can even read their chameleons' emotions just by looking at their
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi