DID YOU KNOW...
The Hungarian word for barbecue is szalonnasütés, which means “bacon
cooking,” because the traditional way to cook bacon in Hungary is to hold a
piece over an open fire while it cooks
1. The internationally acclaimed writer Colleen McCullough died in January
2015. What was the title of her best selling novel, a family saga in outback
2. Vicksburg, an important Confederate stronghold during the Civil War,
occupies a strategic location overlooking which river ?
3. Name That Flick !
A young Jennifer Connelly starred opposite David Bowie in this adventure
fantasy about a girl attempting to recover her baby brother from some odd
4. What was the first name of Mr. Marley, Ebenezer Scrooge's ghostly former
business partner ?
5. Good Queen Bess (Elizabeth I) rests on the 8 of Clubs. Since she never
wed, she brought an end to which English dynasty in 1603?
a. - York
b. - Hanover
c. - Windsor
d. - Tudor
6. Which illness was previously known as consumption?
7. The disease whitlow primarily affects what part of the human body?
a. - Fingers
b. - Scalp
c. - Toes
d. - Teeth
8. What 1960s musical artist was known for producing the impressive falsetto
sound in "Two Faces Have I", and "I'm Gonna Make You Mine"
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Abraham Lincoln was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall Of Fame in
1. The Thorn Birds
2. the Mississippi
5. - d
7. - a
8. Lou Christie
Before "The Great Emancipator" made his mark as a politician, Abraham
Lincoln was an astoundingly successful grappler, losing only once in over
300 matches. He had very long limbs which aided greatly to his rasslin'
accomplishments as a young man. Apparently he was something of a trash
talker! According to Carl Sandburg's biography of Lincoln, he once
challenged an entire audience after they watched him defeat an opponent:
"I'm the big buck of this lick. If any of you want to try it, come on and
whet your horns." No one volunteered. Honest Abe's wrestling prowess earned
him another moniker: an "Outstanding American" honor as he was inducted into
the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi