DID YOU KNOW...
Duncan Hines was a real person. He was a popular restaurant critic who
also wrote a book of hotel recommendations.
1. Who Said That ??
"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back."
a. - Oscar Wilde
b. - Mark Twain
c. - Will Rogers
d. - W.C. Fields
2. In Homer's "Odyssey", who was the wife of Odysseus ?
3. The year 2013 marks the first time that our year has been represented by
four different digits in quite a while. How many years before 2013 was it
when we wrote four different digits to represent the current year?
Which TV reality show based celebrity, famous for her shapely curves, named
her daughter North?
a. - Khloe Kardashian
b. - Kim Kardashian
c. - Kourtney Kardashian
d. - None of these
5. Which of these countries is the world's largest producer of cork?
a. - Italy
b. - France
c. - Spain
d. - Portugal
6. On a standard 6-sided die, which side is opposite the 5?
7. On the show 'Designing Women' what was the name of their design firm?
8. Which TV series' last episode was titled, "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 2008, U.S. households lost an estimated 12% of their net worth, equaling
approximately a $6.2 trillion loss.
3. - 26 (1987)
4. - b
5. - d
6. - 2
In 2008, U.S. households lost an estimated 18% of their net worth, equaling
approximately an $11.2 trillion loss. This collapse was the largest since
the Federal Reserve began tracking household wealth after WWII.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi