DID YOU KNOW...
All dogs are banned from Antarctica since April 1994. This ban was made
because of the concern that dogs might spread diseases to seals.
1. Which animals are included in the biological order Lepidoptera?
2. What is the most common color featured on a national flag?
a. - Green
b. - Blue
c. - Red
3. Which of the following was NOT a nickname for Major League Baseball great
a. - The Kid
b. - Teddy Ballgame
c. - The Splendid Splinter
d. - The Yankee Clipper
4. Which of the following cheeses is NOT Dutch?
a. - Leidse kaas
b. - Gouda
c. - Emmental
d. - Maasdammer
5. The U. S. Open, the French Open, and the Australian Open are three of the
four major tournaments in a popular international sport. Can you name the
6. Which Jewish holiday is known as "the day of atonement"?
7. Who Am I ??
My birth name was Ellen Cohen : I was a member of a memorable folk/rock
group of the 60s, which had a number of Top 20 hits. I also had a successful
solo career, which was cut short by my untimely death. Who am I ?
8. Approximately how long is the gestation period of a rabbit?
a. - 2 weeks
b. - 4 weeks
c. - 6 weeks
d. - 8 weeks
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The term “Cowboy” originated in New York during the Revolutionary War.
1. Butterflies and Moths
(If you answered only one or the other, take Credit!)
2. - c
3. - d
4. - c
6. Yom Kippur
7. I am Mama Cass Elliot
8. - b
During the Revolutionary War, a British sympathizer named Claudius Smith
became notorious for stealing cattle and giving them to the British. He
became known as "the cowboy of the Ramapos", and his gang included many
members of his family.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi