Trivia 8/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 8/31
DID YOU KNOW …
Hawaii's Kilauea volcano is one of the world's longest erupting volcanos. It has been erupting since January 3, 1983. The word "Kilauea" means "much spreading" or "spewing" in Hawaiian.

1. Which of the following Middle Eastern cities is not the capital of its country?
a. - Aleppo
b. - Damascus
c. - Beirut
d. - Amman
2. Split / Personality Dept ;
Charlie Baileygates, Hank Evens, Stanley Ipkiss
3. Definition ;
a strong wind of up to approximately 32-63 miles per hour...
(Hint; Dorothy would know ...)

4. It doesn't appear on any map now-a-days, but on which continent would I have found
" Van Diemen's Land" ?
a. - Europe
b. - South America
c. - Africa
d. - Australia
5. Who is the boss of the Springfield Mafia in "The Simpsons"?
6. What is the capital of New Zealand?
7. What planet has been visited by Mariner 10, and Messenger ?
8. The Canadian Flag is referred to in French as "l'Unifolié." What does this mean in English?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
On the 15 August 1945 raid on the north of Tokyo - the last bombing mission of World War II, Unintentionally prevented a coup at the Imperial Palace .
1. - a
2. Jim Carey (Me, Myself & Irene, Me, Myself & Irene, the Mask)
3. Gale
4. - d
5. Fat Tony
6. Wellington
7. Mercury
8. One-leafed

TRUTH !!
On 15 August 1945 a stream of B-29 bombers were approaching Tokyo on their way to Akita to bomb the only oil refinery left in Japan. Fearing a third atomic bomb attack, the city was quickly put on black-out. The black-out prevented a military coup led by Major Kenji Hatanaka, known as the Kyujo Incident. On the final night of the war, Emperor Hirohito recorded a message of surrender for the Japanese people to be broadcast in the early morning.
The rebels were trying to find the recorded message to destroy it. They failed to seek the help of Eastern District Army to oust the Imperial House to continue the war. If they had succeeded, the outcome would be catastrophic and possibly Japan might not be what it is today.

Back
Top Bottom