Hello from the fridgid midwest!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
Hi
Just joined the forum today and thought I would dip a toe in the water so to speak!
I'm 48 yrs old, a cement truckdriver and a proud grandfather of 11 (at last count anyway!)
I got interested in cooking about 5 years ago via the food network, and what started as a little hobby has turned into a full blown obsession! I do most of the cooking as my wifes job keeps her very busy, and all of the baking, holiday and otherwise, just because I enjoy it! My Grandfather was a professional baker, so maybe its in the gene pool................
At any rate, I've got a million questions to ask all of you, and I hope that down the line I'll be able to help some of you too !

Smoke Kings the name-Barbecue is my game!!

11 year old or 11 grand children? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and welcome. And what cold are you talking about anyway, didn't you know we have global worming? ;)

Hi, smoke king. Welcome to DC. I was born in Omaha and my Daddy went to and graduated from Creighton medical school.

I'm so happy you have gained an interest in cooking. It's one of the most rewarding and relaxing things I can imagine doing.

Stick around, you are definitely among "foodie" friends. We're glad you've found us. Sit back and have fun with us.

No its eleven EACH. 6 boys (1 of which we are raising) and 5 girls. I thought the kids would have figured out what was causing these pregnancy outbreaks, but so far, no luck!

Hey, I read a good quote today-I can't remember who to credit it too though-

"In order to bake an apple pie from scratch one would have to reinvent the entire universe" Carl Sagan maybe?

11 grandchildren at 48, how did you do that? Did you started having kids when you were 11? Wow, I love it, I only wish I had that many. Wow.

Minnesotas a nice place-hows about I ship you a half dozen for a visit? Just kidding-they are the source of joy in my life!! kind of expensive at Christmas though..........

Smoke King...WOW ! Somebody was busy...lol
I just have two. Both boys and did have two sons but now just one..
My Grandsons are 20 one almost 24. .and I am 26 years your senior...LOL

Smoke Kings the name-Barbecue is my game!!

Looks like the Kings are all here lol. I just joined myself. I have found this site to really be great. Lots of good people here, who care and have a passion for eating good food.

So you like to BBQ? Lets talk brother, I do my grilling YEAR ROUND. The best is when it is snowing and a good night time football game is on. I have a steak on the grill and a cold beer in hand as the snow comes down.
Nothing better.

So, how many kids do you have and how old are they? Man, you are lucky. I hope some day, I'll have at least 20 grand kids. Though My kids promising me 10 each. That would make 50, wow, can't wait.

Pasta King, you're right-winter grilling is what seperates the men from the boys!

We have 5-4 girls, ages 22-28, and 1 boy age 27-and yeah, we did start early. hmmm, now that I think about that, I guess I see where they get it from.

At any rate, I feel like I'm truly blessed to have em' before I'm wearing a tinfoil hat and drooling into a cup!!

Back
Top Bottom