TL;DR: I'm awesome :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the van doesn't have a converter make sure you get a portable one or a plug in 6v-110 one so you have 110 power. You can use a variety of small appliances like a crock pot etc. and charge stuff up too like a battery blender. You could cook dinner while you drive. Cheaper than propane too. Xantrex makes some good portable ones that can jump a dead battery,fill a tire,play a crappy built-in radio or run a 110 appliance or the like for quite a while. I would consider both. I use an old plug in one from from a previous laptop and it can handle 13 amps I think. I carry the Xantrex when we travel. I have jumped alot of dead batteries that were in camp spots that a second car could not get to.

Another camping tip is to always know the nearest hospital to your destination before you get there and directions. We tend to use this alot while on vacation it seems. Somebody always gets hurt!

Hey! BTW.

The van has a second battery that other things run off of (it's already got a microwave, although I'm not sure I want to keep it)
That's a really good idea about the hospitals! I've been going through a list I found of automotive propane stations that I found online & logging them into Streets & Trips, but I'm thinking I'll be making a list of hospitals now too :D

Welcome to DC! I'm in SE Ontario (rural Ottawa). Love Lake Superior--Thunder Bay sounds like a good place to spend the summer...I'd probably head south for the winter!

I've thought about it, but I really hate crossing the border :P
We'll probably just end up heading out to BC for the winter. I hear they're pretty mild in Vancouver

**SHAMELESS PLUG**

Been doing some Crayon and Color pencil work the past week, so far, my favorite one:

7984809173_6b187c9c00_b.jpg

My Second:

7990928202_36ab3328e2_b.jpg

***END SHAMELESS PLUG***

I plan on going out and getting some watercolors for the desk work-space, but I use to do a LOT of acrylic work. SO easy, pretty forgiving, and cheap(depending on the canvas).

Do you work with any more mediums?
Jo Noble?

Back
Top Bottom