Shrimp and Dill Sauce in Artichoke Cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Haven't tried this yet, but it's on my to-do list. I'd like to experiment using whipped cream cheese in place of the yogurt, or adding some finely-chopped sun dried tomatoes. Sometimes I use recipes as a guide line & add the goodies I like.

Shrimp and Dill Sauce in Artichoke Cups

4 large artichokes
lemon wedges
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 ounces plain yogurt
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/8 teaspoon pepper
minced fresh dill (optional)

Wash artichokes. Cut off stem ends and trim about 1 inch from top of each artichoke and about a fourth of outer leaves. Rub top of artichoke and trimmed leaves with a lemonwedge. Wrap in wax paper and microwave until tender and an inner leaf releases when gently pulled upon (approximately 6 minutes rotating once during the process).

Place upside down on a rack to cool. Gently spread center leaves apart and remove the choke with a spoon and discard. Chill if desired.

Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add shrimp. Reduce heat and cook 3 minutes, drain well and rinse with cold water. Chill and set aside.

Combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into the center of each artichoke. Arrange shrimp around upper edge of each artichoke, hanging over.

Thanks PA. Thinking I could dip n dunk the artichoke leaves and shrimp in the cream cheese mixture in the center.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom