Cook's Illustrated app vs web subscription

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, there's lots of free stuff out there, but you get what you pay for ;)
Well I guess, but I'm not buying a car or a couch. I'm looking for recipes or cooking advice or recommendations on a new appliance. I get that here for free or if I need to look for videos I go to Allrecipes as they have some really good ones.

Well I guess, but I'm not buying a car or a couch. I'm looking for recipes or cooking advice or recommendations on a new appliance. I get that here for free or if I need to look for videos I go to Allrecipes as they have some really good ones.

And that's what makes the world go round - you have your preferences, I have mine, and others are out there to provide for them :) I know some people learn better from videos but I don't enjoy them very much.

Sometimes I want discussion and peer experiences and that's when I come here; other times, I want a more structured approach and then I go elsewhere. And as good as many home cooks are, they're not usually trained in recipe writing or testing, so a random recipe found online may or may not work, or the author may or may not describe what they're doing correctly. I don't like to waste time, effort and money if I can avoid it.

This may not matter to you, and I'm not trying to convince you that it should. But it's why I like to buy cooking magazines.

Last edited:
So far I am unimpressed with their customer service, which is a depressing indication of how much they value their customers.

So far I am unimpressed with their customer service, which is a depressing indication of how much they value their customers.

I feel so bad for you, you were so excited about the deal, KG. The paper mag really is nice, and as Addie mentioned, the back cover page is frameable.

That said, maybe do the 2 week free online trial, see how you like it, and make sure you cancel it if you don't. Sounds like you do have to be vigilent.

Last edited:
I feel so bad for you, you were so excited about the deal, KG. The paper mag really is nice, and as Addie mentioned, the back cover page is frameable.

That said, maybe do the 2 week free trial, see how you like it, and make sure you cancel it if you don't. Sounds like you do have to be vigilent.

Thanks for your care, DL. I guess the wind got knocked out of my sails :)

I'm looking for good resources to teach myself how to cook. This forum is one of them thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom