Looking for a sleek tea press

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I want to start brewing my own tea and so far I've decided on the Breville electric kettle but I still need a tea press. I like to have modern looking things and so finding a tea press has been sort of difficult since most are cast iron and old fashioned looking. But I did find one from Bodum that was really cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-1315-16...0?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1189963327&sr=8-9

Does anyone know of any other tea presses that are similar to this one or just others that would fit well in a modern styled kitchen?

Thanks

What's the difference between a tea pot and a tea press? OR is it jsut different trerminology for the same thing?

I am not 100% positive but I think a teapot is something that you heat the water on the stovetop whereas a tea press is only for brewing the tea (pour already hot water into the press along with the tea leaves). I could be mistaken though... I am no expert.

:)Isn't a tea press and a coffee press the same thing?

Yes, but a tea press is generally smaller (4 cups vs. 8 cups) ...

But really, if you have a great boiling vessel, anything that will hold loose tea would be great. Personally, I love the tea pot I have and then found a wonderful, spring loaded, 2 tbl. holding, loose tea dipper (you pinch it like a tweezer and the basket splits in half so you can fill it and then steep in your water). I found it makes better tea (I can let it steep as long as I like) and can serve a better variety of people (for instance, I like my tea stronger than my sister ... with 4 of these little utinsels, 4 people can make tea to their liking).

Just my perspective ...

Back
Top Bottom