Pots And Pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MUMU33

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I have a question thats been bothering me
and i was wandering if anyone could help? Ihave been looking for a cookware set and alot of places either sell them labled pot set or pan set,i always thought a pan was a shalow pan with a long handle and a pan deep with handles on each side. So how can a pan set contain everything when i would think it only would have pans and a pot set only have pots. And what does it mean when you see after a item, like dutch oven pot/pan. What does that mean pot?pan?Thanks

mumu

This is because much of what you think is a "pot" is really called a sauce pan. Thus, you can have a whole pan set that includes what you call a pan (saute pans and fry pans) AND sauce pans (what you call pots)....Sauce pans, saute pans, and fry pans...pretty much covers what you need besides one stock pot or multicooker pot.

In general, the terms are probably used interchangeably. If the set has what you are looking for, pay no attention to what they call it. Just make sure the set has what you want and will use and that it's made well.

pots and pans

ohsmily,

thanks for the help. BUT still a question why some order places call sets ,pot sets which do include pans... fry pan saute pan?

MUMU
Thinking what other replier said meaning words are interchangeable?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom