Silpat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lefeslover; I took my barbecue spatula and gave it a knife edge on the left side with the help of a Dremel tool and the appropriate bit, a Smith's sharpening stone, , a ceramic rod, and finally, a good steel. It's very sharp and has the bezel angle I made on it. So if you don't get that specific tool, it can be made without too much difficulty.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
Lefeslover; I took my barbecue spatula and gave it a knife edge on the left side with the help of a Dremel tool and the appropriate bit, a Smith's sharpening stone, , a ceramic rod, and finally, a good steel. It's very sharp and has the bezel angle I made on it. So if you don't get that specific tool, it can be made without too much difficulty.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Brilliant idea!

LEFSElover.....make sure you get Silpat....not the pretenders/knock offs that are being marketed...the other brands are not as good or reliable!
In Canada if you are saving for something to get,investment people, the banks etc suggest that you attack your "latte factor" to get money....meaning coffee breaks, donuts or sweets etc that you buy at work or the mall...but of course they mean so you can give them the money to invest FOR you...lol Pst 8)

The idea is a good one about making my own knife using my dremel tool.
Being an 'ex' hairdresser/nail technician, I have one with all the attachments. Right now, couldn't find it if I wanted to however, as getting new kitchen renovation starting this morning. He's hammering away downstairs while I stay out of his way.
I'll pick one up if need be, at a Patio store or even in Lowes or some such place like that.
I will get Silpats. I promise not to get the knock off brand, as with anything else, it'd be inferior.
Thanks for the info and help.

Back
Top Bottom