DID YOU KNOW...
In 1991, Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse, married Russi
Taylor—the voice of Minnie.
1. Meaning "pains" or "sorrows" in Spanish, the name of the twelve-year-old
girl character from which book by Vladimir Nabokov is actually Dolores?
2. In which city is the Hampton Roads Naval Museum?
3. What is the English for "Caveat emptor"
4. In 146 BC, Rome overwhelmingly defeated two rivals in the
Mediterranean... whom did they defeat ?
5. Actor Robin Williams was diagnosed with what degenerative disease shortly
before he committed suicide?
6. Which movie received a lot of criticism for casting 12-year-old Brooke
Shields as an under-aged prostitute?
7. Name the pair of Old Testament prophets appeared at the transfiguration
8. In 1862, what piece of legislation did Abraham Lincoln sign that
encouraged settlement in the western United States?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The “ Dog Days” of summer are so-called because of the heat, and the fact
that dogs get “lazy”, and tend not to move very much in the oppressive
2. Norfolk, Virginia
3. "Let the buyer beware"
4. Greece and Carthage
5. Parkinson's Disease
6. "Pretty Baby"
7. Moses and Elijah
8. Homestead Act
The "dog days of summer" refer to the weeks between July 3 and August 11 and
are named after the Dog Star (Sirius) in the Canis Major constellation. The
ancient Greeks blamed Sirius for the hot temperatures, drought, discomfort,
and sickness that occurred during the summer.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.