Liver and onions anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would do that, but, of the stores that I use for delivery, only Lufa, the produce basket place even sells chicken livers. The frozen package has around a pound of chicken livers. I'm sure the texture would suffer a lot if I defrosted and refroze the chicken livers that I wouldn't use right away.
I don't think texture will be an issue, especially if you're making chopped liver or paté. I'd make the whole pound and freeze the finished product.

Liver and kidneys are on the "NEVER EAT" list of my life.

My father loved them and mom made it for him (she ate it too) but I honestly don't remember any of my siblings eating it. Although it smelled divine, that was only the onions! Liver itself made me gag. To this day I can eat only liverwurst and even then in small quantities. Liver pate, well, been known to devour quite a bit. But that's it.

Should be banned........... JMHO
Yeah, kidneys I can't do.

I bought kidneys and cooked them according to the instructions in Joy of Cooking. They were very tasty. I bought some more kidneys and thought I did it the same. But, the whole house stank of pee. We threw that out. That was the last time I ever cooked kidneys.

Mom used to make liver and onions, and the liver would always be overcooked, but I still liked it, as I've always liked organ meats (except one time when the urine smell of the beef kidney was worse than being in an unventilated room being cleaned with ammonia). Mom used to cook the onions until well browned, which was what made it so good. And sometimes I'd make an omelette with the leftovers, for breakfast.

I bought kidneys and cooked them according to the instructions in Joy of Cooking. They were very tasty. I bought some more kidneys and thought I did it the same. But, the whole house stank of pee. We threw that out. That was the last time I ever cooked kidneys.
Ya know the best way to cook kidneys? Put them in a pot of water and boil the piss out of them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom