Stainless steel and copper cleaner????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
First time ever I have seen this cleaner, sold in stainless steel cookware section

Is it really necessary or useful for stainless cookware or just a bottle of snake oil??

Pictures below.

_buffalo_stainless_steel__copper_cleaner__made_in_usa_1530199704_663735af0_progressive

Not inexpensive. $12.99 for a small bottle.

Last edited:
It's probably fine.

This is considered the first choice:

Attachments

• 000167945.jpg
    000167945.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 139
I have some stuff from Lagostina, because that is the brand of stainless steel pots I have. I don't use it often, but once in a while when all my other tricks fail to get something off, I use it. It works well. It seems to do it without any scratching of the surface. It also takes off stuff that built up slowly and evenly, so you don't even notice it's there, until it's gone.

It's probably fine.

This is considered the first choice:

Could these cleaners be used on the cooking / serving surface of the stainless steel? Would it leave any chemical residue that is difficult to wash away??

Could these cleaners be used on the cooking / serving surface of the stainless steel? Would it leave any chemical residue that is difficult to wash away??

Barkeepers Friend can be used on every part of the items without concern. Normal rinsing will leave no residue.

Back
Top Bottom