TGI Friday's Dinner - 10/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air-Fried Salmon Cake,Teriyaki Sauce, Steamed Green Beans topped with Shredded Jack, Long Grain Wild Rice...

Salmon Cake, Wild Rice .jpg

Pan-fried chicken, mashed potatoes, baby peas and lemon pan gravy.

chicken_100121_IMG_8722.jpg

A quick trip to Costco this afternoon resulted in our picking up a Costco RotChick for dinner tonight. I roasted a butternut squash and mashed it with butter and cinnamon. Also made a mushroom gratin.

857D0F69-98A7-4360-B50C-FF473B977E95_1_105_c.jpg

Finally got to try one of those big babies when we visited Himself's sis and BIL last year. Found out how good they are! When looking for our next house, I'm considering driving distance to the nearest Costco's.

Busy day after a short night of sleep. Himself is off with his telescope, so I made me a grilled ham and provolone cheese sandwich on seeded rye bread. Put enough lettuce and tomato on it as a substitute for salad. Green grapes for dessert for the fruit group.

IMG_20211001_201103888.jpg

I shredded some red cabbage and Stirling made most of it into rødkål (Danish red cabbage). I made pot o' pig and boiled some taters. We ate a lot. We are both still stuffed. It was very good and I have a whole bunch of red cabbage for the next few weeks.

My plate

Pot o' pig, Linda's plate.jpg

Stirling's plate

Pot o' pig, Stirling's plate.jpg

Looks and sounds great guys and gals!

IMG_0940.jpg

I made a Pork Loin Roast with roasted Honeynut Squash and Baby Dutch Potatoes.
Not Pictured is a dish of my homemade Chunky Applesauce on the table.

IMG_0886.jpg

That was really yummy.
I've finally given up that old wifes tale that Pork must be cooked to 165°
I went for 145° and got a juicy, gorgeous blush :yum:
There's just enough leftover for sandwiches tomorrow.

<edit-if you haven't tried Honeynut Squash yet, look for it, it's delicious!>
<another edit- and how "fall-esque" is this meal, huh?>

Last edited:
I had a big salad and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, Mom had a small salad and a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. Fruit salad for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom