Official Dinner Thread for Sunday the 7th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We had an old standard tonight. American Chop Suey or slumgullion or goulash or Johnny Marzetti or beefaroni or chili mac.

1FF392B2-B4FB-4FDA-95D5-7C547DB6517C_1_105_c.jpg

Homemade chicken pot pie and a glass of tomato juice.

chicken_pot_pie_110721_IMG_8886.jpg

We schlepped a bunch of books today. I helped from the second floor to the ground floor and some of the bags of books half way into the basement. Pooped us both out. I had supper plans, but I just didn't have any oomph left. So, we ordered from Thai Express. It was pretty good. There's enough left for another meal.

I jumped into the kitchen today - but actually did all the prep work for the potatoes in my apartment.

Peeled and mando'ed 4 lbs of potatoes for Scalloped Potatoes. Used a new recipe for the butter/milk and it came out pretty good. Those potatoes took for ever to peel - was glad I had started early! and it is also the weekend of Daylight Savings change - so had a lot of play.

Sliced up a ham into steaks, fried in butter than a sauce of brown sugar/mustard on it.

Salad to go with.
Everything was great - sadly I do not usually bring my phone upstairs when I go for dinner - no pics.

Creole file gumbo with spicy Cajun sausage, lump crab meat and shrimp. It was too good for words but I did go a little overboard on the cayenne.

Last night, we had Sheetpan Mini Meatloaf, potatoes and green beans. I like to make this due to the simplicity and it is dinner all on one pan! Who can beat that? Anyway, I used some "American Wagyu" that Freddie's had on sale and the meatloaf wanted to crumble a bit. But, it was tasty anyway!

IMG_5779 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom