How to Cook Beef Spare Ribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parker57

Cook
I hate pork spareribs, and I finally found a nice slab of beef ribs. Now, its way too hot with about 100% humidity and the oven is out of the question. Any ideas as to how to cook them? Either on top the stove or on the grill?

beef ribs

I have found that beef ribs, although tastey, are quite tough. They need to either be slow smoked (bbQ'd) outdoors, or baked in the oven until tender, which takes some time. After they are baked in the oven until tender, you can grill them and add BBQ sauce.

Ribs on the grill

Grilling ribs is an excellent way to cook them. There are a couple of thinks to do.

If there is a membrane on the bone side, remove it.

Do not remove any fat.

Season with dry rub or herbs before grilling but do not add barbecue sauce until ribs are cooked. This will cut down on the sauce burning and becoming bitter. Putting barbecue sauce on while it is cooking really does not do much anyway.

Place ribs on grill, fat side up, and cook at about 235 degrees F for about 2 1/2 hours covered.

Do not keep playing with them on the grill, let them cook. Sometimes I place the ribs on a rack in a roasting pan with some water in it. Cuts down on flare ups.

Slow cooking and a little tender loving care will make succulent ribs.

Bryan
Knox's Spice Co.
http://www.knoxspice.com

Back
Top Bottom