Real Old-Fashioned Lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madhatter

Assistant Cook
Real Old-Fashioned Lemonade

1 cup lemon juice; (juice of 6 lemons)
3/4 cup sugar; or to taste
4 cups cold water
1 fresh lemon; unpeeled, cut into cartwh
ice cubes

Combine lemon juice and sugar in large pitcher; stir to dissolve sugar. Add
water, lemon and ice; stir well. Makes 6 (8-ounce) servings.
Variations: Add 1 to 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries, whole raspberries or
pureed blueberries to a 6-cup pitcher of lemonade.

Lemons

DS: I've heard that rolling the lemons on a table or counter (to release the juices) is the best method to extract the most juice. /rayt721

Allow lemons to come to room temperature. Roll the room temp lemon around on a hard flat surface while putting moderate pressure on it. Voila! LOTS of lemon juice!

You can also stick them a couple times wtih a knife and microwave for about 20 seconds too - same as bringing them to room temp if you need them right away and they're cold.

When I use fresh lemons, I also bring them to room temperature and then roll them. I use 1 part lemon juice, 1 part sugar, and 5 parts water (heat one part water with the sugar so that it dissolves easily, then add the lemon juice and the rest of the water). I have to drink so much lemonade now (doctor's orders--2 quarts a day) that I can't afford to get fresh lemons all the time, so I have to use Real Lemon most of the time. It isn't as good as fresh, but it's not really too bad. Plus, I can't have the pulp so I have to strain it if I use real lemons. :roll:

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom