Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when the surveys call. I like voicing my opinion, plus I did phone surveys one summer to earn money for college. My heart goes out to those poor people!

I like surveys too and always happy to answer, but I can't stand telemarketers, cause no of them bother to pronounce my name right, so I ususally tell them: "there is nobody by that name".

If I have the time and the surveys cover areas that I'm intimately involved in I do like to participate and give my opinions. Bank of America (or Nations at the time) called to do a survey. Boy did I have some opinions. Anyway the questions were mundane "How would you rate on a scale on 1-5 the dress of the employees, how would you rate the appearance of the bank's environment, etc. Finally when she finished I commented, "Wow, based on you questions alone Nations looks fantastic but I have a lot of problems with them. Is there somewhere on your questionnaire that I can make reservations about my answers. She most certainly agreed and said "Of course, what are your concerns?". Well, a dam broke forth. For about 6 months our statements were being sent late and we were getting late fees as a result, our prepaid online accounts weren't being taken care of, etc., etc, etc, our credit cards were being denied while we travelled internationally though we had contacted them and the credit card company, I summed it up by saying if you actually asked questions about the heart of how well they are at delivering services-wide they are doing a poor job. She said that she was making note of everything and that it would be passed on to a supervisor. Oh, well, at least I got to vent.......we finally transferred out overseas account to another credit card......

I don't mind surveys, at least it is a live person you are talking to. It is those blasted recorded messages that really get me. I got a call from our provincial government the other day and a recorded message comes on that says "you have a call from so-and-so from the blah-blah department, will you accept the call from so-and-so?" I say "yes", and wonder if I am getting a collect call. Finally the person comes on the line. Very strange. I can't wait to see my phone bill to see if it really IS collect!

I keep thinking it's going to stop...but...nope... Rain is in the forecast for all week.

waiting for abel

my handy man has done it again. supposed to be here yesterday to do some work. haven't seen hide nor hair of him.

it makes me so angry, but that is what he does. when he does work for me, he is wonderful. truly a jack of all trades. he likes to do a good job and always does.

so , i guess i will put up with it, so hard to find anyone for little jobs these days.

ok, all vented

babe:-p

I know this is going to sound bad, but:

DW's driving!!!! Literally it takes her ten minutes to change lanes, and what is so wrong with doing the speed limit?? Ten under does not mean ten times safer! :glare:

Especially in Chicago where impatient drivers abound and she never fails to have someone pass her just to turn into her lane, slam on the breaks and turn.. which in turn makes her slam on the brakes and then wait five minutes before moving again.:ermm:

And she is totally convinced that every car and pedestrian within 100ft of her is just waiting for her to come along before pulling out in front of her or walking out in front of her. I watched her today and her foot spent as much time on the brake pedal as the gas pedal, at least now I know why my brakes never last more than 20,000 miles tops even though they are the 40k to 60k brake pads!:ohmy:

Sorry, had to vent, I swear I am gonna have a heart attack one of these days... oh wait.. never mind!:-p

lol... you're poor wife...
You sound just like my husband... he can't stand the way I drive. :(

I was at a new physio a few weeks ago about my swollen RIGHT leg. She measured the amount of moment I had in it - the farthest I could straighten it versus the farthest I could bend it - which was not very much, maybe an inch or two difference. Then she looks down her list of questions and asks "can you drive?" Yeah, I'm entered in the next INDY race!!!!

I was at a new physio a few weeks ago about my swollen RIGHT leg. She measured the amount of moment I had in it - the farthest I could straighten it versus the farthest I could bend it - which was not very much, maybe an inch or two difference. Then she looks down her list of questions and asks "can you drive?" Yeah, I'm entered in the next INDY race!!!!

And we have our newest NASCAR rookie!!:LOL:

Did anyone catch the video of the rookie crashing recently?? Guy went tumbling down half the track, cars on fire, he casually gets out and waves to the fans!!:ohmy:

Now that's a Five Star crash rating!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Er, back on topic: Sorry to hear about your leg, and yea sometimes docs ask the silliest questions!

Thanks Mav, my leg is actually feeling a little stronger since I got another new physiotherapist who seems to know what he is doing. But I think I will stay away from driving for awhile longer....the world will be a safer place if I do!:rolleyes:

Mav, I had to laugh at your DW's driving habits----I have a DF (darling friend who must be her twin)......drivers will actually pass her on the right when entering the expressways and she's perplexed as to why...........I said you SHOULD be accelerating as you enter and not crawling---these people don't want to die from a rear end collision---yeah, I have a hotline to heaven and usually take the wheel myself......none of my daughter's sports team wanted to travel in her car because they knew they would be the last to arrive....not only that but I'm now used to cars honking behind us 'cause she takes so long to accelerate when the light changes and I'm now her traffic monitor mainly because I'm impatient----red light turns green--GO! Yet she still manages to get moving violation tickets......don't understand it.....

After I had my transplant, I wasn't meant to drive for so many weeks - six comes to mind but I could be wrong. My mum had to move in with me as I wasn't meant to be lifting, bending, carrying, blah, blah so she was also meant to be driving. Well after the first two days of mum driving through peak hour traffic into the city, I figured it was safer for me to drive even with the drugs and pain! By the end of the week, I was driving on my own, and got told off by the doctor for doing it but I figured I was going to waste all their handiwork by either dying in a car accident or dying through stress!!! LOL

(Oh and it was only that mum doesn't "do" stress very well. Not that she can't drive. ;-))

Bilby & SQ---you're too funny and yes, I can certainly relate......believe me and I've only had one moving violation in my life (and I deserved it---9 miles over the limit) but that was 30 years ago-----USAA loves me by the way!!!!!!!!!

My grandpa (mom's dad, who else) Actually STOPPED and BACKED UP on the freeway once when we visited him in FL, he missed the exit. I can't believe we lived.
My mother stops (almost) at the end of an entrance to the freeway. I don't let her come pick up my kids very often.........

My Grandfather, who I loved dearly, was determined to drive as long as he could. We lived in a small town and he moved in with us after my grandmother passed away. Well, Pop had this huge Fairlane 500 and would drive me down town (a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk) and would literally brake at every intersection....even though he was on the main road and everyone else had a stop sign or light! As soon as I was 16 I got my license and became Pop's official chauffer. Only thing is I hated that car!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom