I met Emeril Lagasse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
Hi everyone! Back from the Bahamas! I had to share these pictures with you! I met Emeril Lagasse! He and his wife were dining at the same restaurant as us - Dune at the Ocean Club in Paradise Island, Bahamas! We chatted a bit during dinner and then afterwards at the bar. His wife is a doll! He is such a nice man, very humble. I shook his hand twice and even kissed his cheek:ohmy: ! He made me feel like I was a friend instead of a fan. What a great experience!

Attachments

• us with emeril - sm.jpg
    us with emeril - sm.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 269
  • us with lagassi's - sm.jpg
    us with lagassi's - sm.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 209
Very very very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! What a neat experience

the great chefs are truely interested in all things...their regulars, their fans, their competition, what's new in the industry, other regions, cuisines etc. That's how they stay creative. GLad you got to meet the real thing. BAM!

Wow, Michelemarie! What a great experience! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

:) Barbara

Did he yell out "Bam!" when you kissed his cheek? :LOL:

Thanks for sharing the pics and your experience with us! It sounds like a really nice evening...

That is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2: Im jealous!!! What are the CHances?!?!?! Im really happy for ya and thanks for sharring those pictures!!! You just made my day better. So....... what was he eatting? How old is his wife??? Did you tell him about Discuss Cooking??? :mellow: Please tell us you told him about us!!! (and the B&B :-p :rolleyes: ) I wonder if I can Photoshop myself into the picture!!! :LOL:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
That is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2: Im jealous!!! What are the CHances?!?!?! Im really happy for ya and thanks for sharring those pictures!!! You just made my day better. So....... what was he eatting? How old is his wife??? Did you tell him about Discuss Cooking??? :mellow: Please tell us you told him about us!!! (and the B&B :-p :rolleyes: ) I wonder if I can Photoshop myself into the picture!!! :LOL:

To be honest with you, at first I was speechless:ROFLMAO: ! My husband said he never saw me this way before, because as you can tell, I always have something to say:LOL: ! We shook hands, He asked where I was from and I told him Oswego instead of Chicago because last year he filmed a Mother's Day Mom of the Year right here in Oswego - big bed in the front yard, he cooked breakfast, most of the whole town was at this house - but I don't think he rememered. I cannot remember what was on his table, but he ordered (or they gave him) the same dessert we ordered - white plate special - which basically was one of everything on the menu and was fabulous! A chocolate (some word I couldn't pronounce) cake with gooey chocolate in the middle served with coconut gelato, a tall circular shape of banana cake (2) with two bananas on top with caramelized sugar served with caramel sugar, two lemon tarts with lemongrass gelato, creme fraiche cheese cake with mango gelato anda thai sundae in the middle - scrumptious. He said he would take a picture with me at the bar after dinner. His wife was all smiles, very nice and beautiful, she reminded me of Jkath. We all shook hands again, and returned to eating.

I was nervous he would think I was a stalker for waiting at the bar, then I was scared he would sneak out the back or just walk by. But he didn't, he walked right up to us in the bar and we shook hands again and started talking. I was so excited and nervous, my heart was racing. I didn't want to ask anything too personal but not seem rude either. We actually talked about our kids - he has a 14 mos old and 3 year old and a 26 year old and a 22 year old! We talked alot about the kids. I asked if he enjoyed his dinner and he said yes. He asked if we came here often and we said it was our first time, and stuff like that. He likes the Ocean Club - it is a very private and quiet and small resort and very expensive. We stayed at the Atlantis. We asked to by them drinks but he said he wasn't having anymore, I think his wife would have, so she took the rest of her red wine with her. (I was drinking a "fresh" blueberry martini and my DH was drinking a mojito - a cuban drink made with fresh mint, lime juice and sugar cane). Thats when i zeroed in on the kiss on his right cheek! His hands are very soft. He is a very gracious man and he and his wife are very easy to talk to. Our waiters told us that he loves his fans and always talks to them.

Gosh, this past weekend I kissed a dolphin in one and Emeril the next! Now thats a vacation!

That is just too cool, Michele!!!
I'm glad that you got that experience to keep forever!!
So, how did the rest of your vacation go? Got pictures??

What a great experience! I'm glad you had such a great trip. I'm not sure what I would have been more excited about--the dolphin or Emeril (I want to swim with a dolphin some day!):) !

That is way cool. It's nice to know that there are those with fame that realize they put their pants on the same way as everybody else in the world.

Emeril is one person I'd love to meet. Right along with Mario Batali.

Congrats on an (arguably) one in a lifetime event! Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom