Hi, a cook from Lincoln, NE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

viento

Assistant Cook
Hi, I work as a Food Service Manager at a local retirment Center in Lincoln NE, and I just love to cook for me and for other people as well. I enjoy my job even when seniors a lot of times are hard to please,that's why I'm looking for new recipes or cooking tips to keep them happy, and this forum seems to be the perfect place to get and share this kind of information.
:chef:Bye.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. You certainly have a challenge to create menus for people from all walks of life. What are some of the favorites of the people who live at the local retirment Center?

Favorites.

One of the residents favorites are fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, they just love it! also they enjoy a lot grill flat iron steak topped with saute mushrooms and onions.

Welcome Viento - All here are *very* nice people with a variety of experience. I am sure if you post some thoughts on where you'd like to head in your endevour of making good meals for our seniors, you would get some good input.

I am not a senior yet (at least I hope not at 46 ;-)), but I do like foods that are from times not so recent. My only issue is the amount of the "not so good" for you such as sodium & fats.

However, with the above said, I do get old school knowing it's not good for me because I know it is good for my heart for different reasons. A good meatloaf, with tators and gravy, buttered green beans, and well butered rolls made with lard are a reminder of why I like food.

I don't do that kind of menu daily, but I have not excluded it from my diet. To not have food that takes you back to your happy days is a sin in my opinion.

I will say that more recent good for you things can also be tasty. You just need to do some research, and ask questions.

Welcome aboard.

Casper

Last edited:
You rigth , this people keep low sodium and fats, and has been very hard for my try to adjust the way I seasoning ,(I like spice, hot food) wich is not good for them, but and the other hand I been cooking food that was unknown for me(old fashion food) good expirience after all.

Back
Top Bottom