Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Fish & Seafood (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Salmon Pasta (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/salmon-pasta-66957.html)

4meandthem 09-16-2010 12:17 PM

Salmon Pasta

I made this about a week ago and was pretty happy.
I used Costco salmon patties which are nothing but chopped salmon and a little spice formed into patties.
But fresh salmon would be better even.

1/2lb cooked spaghetti
3/4lb grilled salmon
1 egg yolk
1tbs butter
3-4 tbs milk
1 tbs capers
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
cracked black pepper

I put everything in a bowl,stir, and then add the hot pasta and toss.

PrincessFiona60 09-16-2010 12:21 PM

Sounds wonderful, copied and pasted.

ChefJune 09-16-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4meandthem (Post 920468)
I made this about a week ago and was pretty happy.
I used Costco salmon patties which are nothing but chopped salmon and a little spice formed into patties.
But fresh salmon would be better even.

1/2lb cooked spaghetti
3/4lb grilled salmon
1 egg yolk
1tbs butter
3-4 tbs milk
1 tbs capers
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
cracked black pepper

I put everything in a bowl,stir, and then add the hot pasta and toss.

I love to do stuff like this. A week or so ago I stretched one salmon fillet to feed three people. didn't use any dairy, but sauteed some spinach with the shallots and sauced up the salmon and spinach with about 1/2 cup of dry white wine.

I always add the hot, drained pasta to the sauce pan and toss everything together there.

A big hit! :smile:

GrillingFool 09-16-2010 02:34 PM

If you like the patties, try the canned salmon in recipes like this.
GREAT STUFF!!!!

PrincessFiona60 09-16-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrillingFool (Post 920495)
If you like the patties, try the canned salmon in recipes like this.
GREAT STUFF!!!!

Living in Montana, I don't always have fresh salmon available so I buy the canned. Yummy in all kinds of ways, usually a salmon salad for topping buttery crackers.

4meandthem 09-16-2010 03:45 PM

I have only had canned salmon once.It was made into patties with saltine crackers.It was in the late 1980's so I don't even remember if I liked it.

What else do you do with it?

ChefJune 09-16-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4meandthem (Post 920513)
I have only had canned salmon once.It was made into patties with saltine crackers.It was in the late 1980's so I don't even remember if I liked it.

When I was growing up, we often had a can of salmon for Sunday night supper, with hard boiled eggs, sliced rye bread, tomatoes (if in season) and lettuce. Condiments on the table, too. We could make a sandwich, or a salad of sorts on our plates. It was the red Alaska Sockeye variety. I still enjoy that kind of meal.

You can also use the canned salmon for salmon mousse. Very successfully, I might add. :chef:

PrincessFiona60 09-16-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4meandthem (Post 920513)

Anything you would do with canned tuna you can do with canned salmon. I like it as a green salad topper to make it an entree. I usually mix it with capers and lemon.

GrillingFool 09-16-2010 10:10 PM

Salmon alfredo... great in an Asian noodle salad type dish.... salmon "tuna" salad.... stuffing in peppers, pastas, etc....