Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cooking Contests (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f123/)
-   -   Next GCC - Summer Fare (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f123/next-gcc-summer-fare-72597.html)

PrincessFiona60 06-03-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveSoMD (Post 1007554)
OUCH! :ohmy: That's gotta HURT!!!!





How about one of those 3-wheelers instead of training wheels? (ducking and taking cover) :rofl:

We were going to go look for one of those for Shrek this weekend...

I just bought the bike last week...aren't I allowed one fall and there was no blood involved. I just ended up with all four paws in the air in the street.:ermm:

DaveSoMD 06-03-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1007559)
We were going to go look for one of those for Shrek this weekend...

I just bought the bike last week...aren't I allowed one fall and there was no blood involved. I just ended up with all four paws in the air in the street.:ermm:

If it is a brand new bike then you get a free pass on this one. BTW 1-handed typing is a pain isn't it.

LPBeier 06-03-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1007559)
We were going to go look for one of those for Shrek this weekend...

I just bought the bike last week...aren't I allowed one fall and there was no blood involved. I just ended up with all four paws in the air in the street.:ermm:

I did that same type of fall several years ago, except I was slowing down to curve around a telephone pole and flipped over my handle bars. Embarassing part was I had missed my bus, didn't have cash for a taxi and was going to be late for an appointment with a specialist about my fibromyalgia. :wacko: He basically said that I had no business riding a bike in the first place. :angel:

Barbara L 06-03-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1007529)
I fell off my bike and fractured my elbow.:angel:

After all those times I said to you, "Don't fall off your bike and fracture your elbow," you just had to go and do it anyway?! I just don't know what to do with you!

I hope you heal quickly and don't have a lot of pain or inconvenience. :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flow ers::flowers:

Zhizara 06-03-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1007553)
I didn't break my jaw...so I can still eat and talk:rolleyes: I'm just slower with typing and it's hard to cook with one hand.

I t was a stupid fall...I was stopped at a light and just tipped over. I've been told I'm too old to be falling off my bike and Shrek has threatened to buy me a set of training wheels.

My elbow is immobilized for the next 4 weeks.

You reminded me of Arte Johnson on the tricycle on Laugh-In:rofl::rofl::ohmy:

CWS4322 06-03-2011 07:52 PM

My only problem with this challenge is that those of us in the "north" aren't going to see produce from our gardens until late July-August. I have my menu planned, but with all the rain, all I'm going to have are radishes, pea sprouts, green onions, and herbs.

I think this should be a "summer long" challenge and we post on Labor Day.

LPBeier 06-03-2011 08:12 PM

The only things I can grow in my garden are my herbs and tomatoes. There isn't room for more than that and I am not a successful gardener anyway. I don't think the challenge as to be limited to your personal garden (or I am out) but I will do most of my shopping at the farmer's market.

Let's wait and see what Dave comes up with conceptually and time frame-wise.

betterthanabox 06-03-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS4322 (Post 1007744)
My only problem with this challenge is that those of us in the "north" aren't going to see produce from our gardens until late July-August. I have my menu planned, but with all the rain, all I'm going to have are radishes, pea sprouts, green onions, and herbs.

I think this should be a "summer long" challenge and we post on Labor Day.


The Bunnies got my peas- I didn't put up a fence.

PrincessFiona60 06-03-2011 11:34 PM

Thanks everyone and I have a great mind visual of Arte Johnson, I remember that, too!:rofl:

I can still use my arthritic shoulder, but my elbow is immobilized, at least it is at a useful angle. The meds I take for pain are working fine. I put in a full day at work and plan on riding the bike tomorrow!:wacko::innocent:

LPBeier 06-04-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1007785)
I can still use my arthritic shoulder, but my elbow is immobilized, at least it is at a useful angle. The meds I take for pain are working fine. I put in a full day at work and plan on riding the bike tomorrow!:wacko::innocent:

Let me get this straight. You fell off your bike with two able arms (if a little arthritic) and a level head, but you plan on riding again with a fractured elbow and on painkillers! :ermm:



Yeah, makes sense to me! :rofl:

PrincessFiona60 06-04-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 1007790)
Let me get this straight. You fell off your bike with two able arms (if a little arthritic) and a level head, but you plan on riding again with a fractured elbow and on painkillers! :ermm:



Yeah, makes sense to me! :rofl:

Pantywaist painkillers...I don't get the good stuff unless I don't go to work. And who said I had a "level head" to begin with?:rofl:

DaveSoMD 06-04-2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS4322 (Post 1007744)
My only problem with this challenge is that those of us in the "north" aren't going to see produce from our gardens until late July-August. I have my menu planned, but with all the rain, all I'm going to have are radishes, pea sprouts, green onions, and herbs.

I think this should be a "summer long" challenge and we post on Labor Day.

This is not a garden produce challenge it is a picnic challenge. I'm not sure how we glommed onto the garden produce idea but that is not what I proposed.

I'll get the rules and such posted later today. it is just 6 AM and I am still on my first cup of coffee. :wink:

pacanis 06-04-2011 05:03 AM

Second cup here... and I just learned a new word, glommed.
:smile:

Barbara L 06-04-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveSoMD (Post 1007817)
This is not a garden produce challenge it is a picnic challenge. I'm not sure how we glommed onto the garden produce idea but that is not what I proposed.

I'll get the rules and such posted later today. it is just 6 AM and I am still on my first cup of coffee. :wink:

Thanks for clarifying--my little pea-brain was starting to get confused! :cool:

DaveSoMD 06-04-2011 07:08 PM

I posted the thread with the guidelines and stuff for the next challenge here

https://www.discusscooking.com/forums...nic-72739.html

Kathleen 06-10-2011 06:37 PM

I'm planning a picnic!

I've been thinking about getting a bicycle, but I think PF just talked me out of it. :wink:

kadesma 06-10-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS4322 (Post 1005688)
Ummm--what to do with all that garden produce? I don't take it to a picnic--I have to figure out what to do with it all! Wish I had a picnic to which to take it!

You could take grilled veggies and a big loaf of fh or Italian hollow it out and fill with the veggies, cheese, torn lettuce, grilled onions tomatoes, avacados top and weigh doen yummy
kades:lol:

LPBeier 06-10-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1010397)
I'm planning a picnic!

YAY!!!:stuart::cool::w00t2::clap::punk::bounce:

DaveSoMD 06-10-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1010397)
I'm planning a picnic!

I've been thinking about getting a bicycle, but I think PF just talked me out of it. :wink:

Go for a picnic hamper instead. :lol:

PrincessFiona60 06-10-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1010397)
I'm planning a picnic!

I've been thinking about getting a bicycle, but I think PF just talked me out of it. :wink:

I was at work all day! I didn't say a word.:stuart:

I'm enjoying riding it now that I'm used to it and I'm wearing the right shoes and not wearing a backpack that over balances me. Last time I try to transport Clam Chowder on the bicycle...didn't spill a drop!:rofl:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.