My band's first music video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Merlot! And for Four String Chef, I use a Fender American Deluxe Olympic White Jazz Bass with a Fender Rumble 4X10 cab and a Fender 400 Pro head! Glad to see another bass player on the forums!

Certainly nice, remind me of an old band we use to open for, Carbon Leaf out of Richmond, VA, long before they made it "big".

Do most of your bands songs have that Folksy/Celtic Feel about them?

Very Nice!!
Tatt...I ain't heard much from Carbon Leaf lately. They were mighty fine last time I heard 'em. Just out of curiosity...Who did you play with, if you don't mind the question?

TATTRAT...I've heard of Carbon Leaf! I do like them. We started off as a classic rock band and did a lot of old covers and our original music had a jazzy feel to it and we even had a horn section...you can listen to an example here: It Is What It Is by nicozottos on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free Then we decided that it wasn't really working for us because we just weren't as current as other bands so we started going with folk rock type music and we've done a lot since then! I just was at a local TV station on Friday filming an in studio set with the band so that they could air it in a few weeks. It's getting pretty exciting!

Four String Chef....I do use an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff distortion pedal, along with a micro-amp for boosting during solo's and my personal favorite, the electro-harmonix Q-Tron envelope filter.

Very Nice!!
Tatt...I ain't heard much from Carbon Leaf lately. They were mighty fine last time I heard 'em. Just out of curiosity...Who did you play with, if you don't mind the question?

I plated in/with, quite a few Virginia Beach/Norfolk based bands when I was younger, and had a lot more time on my hands. Played with Red Totem Idol, gigged with Ananda, and even did some work with Gibb Droll. Some of my buddies have gone on to do pretty well, like Jackmove, RIO, Jesse Chong, Willy T and the Thunderbirds. . .I have lost touch with a lot of folks too, just because of my nomadic ways.

I still would give up being a Chef, if I could have a guaranteed gig in the music field, it's my first true love, but it just didn't pay the bills. I still have 2 basses( I play 5 string mainly), 2 Acoustic guitars, and a Roland V-Kit/Drum kit. So that, with a 4-Track, and I can still put songs together, but nothing that is will win any awards.My local pub has a GREAT open mic, every Sunday from 4-9PM, and I try to go up and play with the gang when I can, and that is enough for me, it's great fun, laid back, and gets it out of the system.

I have an old Ogre who plays...everything...he comes with his own instruments, amps, etc.... Picky eater, though.

I was just wonderin'. The name Jesse Chong rings a bell. While I don't get down that way often, back in the early 80's we played a few of the clubs along Pacific Ave. Nothing serious, just having fun. Sure seems like a long time ago now. Some of those clubs ain't even there anymore last time I went through there.

I was just wonderin'. The name Jesse Chong rings a bell. While I don't get down that way often, back in the early 80's we played a few of the clubs along Pacific Ave. Nothing serious, just having fun. Sure seems like a long time ago now. Some of those clubs ain't even there anymore last time I went through there.

Yeah, you aren't missing much. Va Beach, while it has changed a LOT in the past 10 years, has done away with a lot of the bars, and "clubs" to make way for more family oriented places. Granted, there are still some landmarks, and "The Block" is still there, but a lot of the places one could play, are now off of the beach, and located in the Hill Top Area up off Laskin. VB has always done a good job of snubbing the locals who live there year round, in favor of tourists that come for 4 months out of the year.

VB has always done a good job of snubbing the locals who live there year round, in favor of tourists that come for 4 months out of the year.

Ain't that the truth. Mrs Hoot has a sister who lives down there. They despise going to the beach until late September or so. We don't go to visit them as often as we should or could. But when we do, we try to get down to the beach now and then.

Back
Top Bottom