Vegetarian cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xCJ

Assistant Cook
Pardon the placement of this post, not sure where to put it.

I'm looking for a vegetarian cookbook that includes relatively simple vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. I need the recipes to be able to be made in a simple kitchen, stove, oven, microwave, simple food processor. I don't have any pressure cooker or any advanced cooking utilities, so I need to be able to prepare these meals very conventionally.

It would be a plus if the meals were well guided (good instructions,) not geared for large portions, only 3-5 people preferably, mostly avoids unhealthy cooking methods (oil frying etc) and just has really good recipes in general.. Does such a thing even exist?

Last edited:
We have a vegi Mexican cookbook. Not specifically what you are looking for, but it is a cuisine I never expected to have a vegi cookbook. The chilaquiles are great!:yum:

Pardon the placement of this post, not sure where to put it.

I'm looking for a vegetarian cookbook that includes relatively simple vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. I need the recipes to be able to be made in a simple kitchen, stove, oven, microwave, simple food processor. I don't have any pressure cooker or any advanced cooking utilities, so I need to be able to prepare these meals very conventionally.

It would be a plus if the meals were well guided (good instructions,) not geared for large portions, only 3-5 people preferably, mostly avoids unhealthy cooking methods (oil frying etc) and just has really good recipes in general.. Does such a thing even exist?
"Student's Vegetarian Cookbook, Revised: Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegetarian Recipes by Carole Raymond". I don't know this book but it sounds as though it might fit your bill. There's a "used" version for $0.90 on Amazon so not a great financial disaster if it isn't what you want.

I use an old copy of Laurel's Kitchen, look for it on the web.

She goes from complete recipes to the rather novel idea that vegetarians can just eat vegetables, no real recipe needed.

You can make almost any recipe vegetarian by removing the meat and meat products. If you are looking for vegan recipes, that becomes a bit trickier because eggs and dairy are removed as well.

For example, if you like lasagne, you can make a vegetarian lasagne by leaving the meat out of the sauce. I cook meatless all the time. It is not difficult to do.

Indian cuisine offers a lot of vegetarian dishes.

The Veggie Table recipes are very tasty and easy to prepare:

::     OMNITV.ca   >   Veggie Table     ::  

Back
Top Bottom