Dinner Tuesday 1/5/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I just pulled a quiche out of the oven. Made with store bought crust, sautéed onions, bacon, garlic and med hot green chiles, swiss, pepper jack, Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses, local eggs, milk and leftover heavy cream. It will be ready to eat when I return from Zumba class.

What's eating at your place?

Last edited:
We're still recovering from vacation. I spelunked a big chunk of crock pot lasagna from the freezer.

Making a beef and lamb meatloaf for tonight's dinner. I'll make some mashed potatoes and a veggie to go with it.

Now that school is in session again after the holidays, I'm back to picking up Tyler from school. He is SOOO hungry after a hard day at Kindergarten :), so instead of giving him snacks I made an early dinner. We'll eat together around 3:30.

We're having some of his faves - roasted chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and a buttered steamed carrot and snow pea combo. A couple of double stuffed Oreos for dessert.

Awww, that sounds great Cheryl. No broccoli for the little man? It's always more fun to have a meal with someone you love.:wub:
It sure is! Living alone I don't get to do that all that often so I really enjoy having a dining partner. :) Unfortunately I'm out of his beloved broccoli, and it's too rainy to drive to the store! :ermm: :)

Mmmm. Dinners cooked by Grandma are the best. I had 2nd best. Had a bowl of chicken soup for lunch. Always have frozen containers of Dx's home-made chix stock available for any occasion and especially when you really need it.

Then I ordered pizza delivery for dinner early. Had one piece -- square cut. Full. That's ok.

Another lazy supper: jarred pasta sauce with added ground beef and onion (previously fried together) over whole grain spaghetti. Romano cheese grated on top at the table. It was yummy, especially considering the lack of effort that went into it tonight.

Sigh 2 days till payday. Food stocks runnin low. It's actually my favorite time to cook. After some creative staring blankly at my cabinets. I'm thinking a bed of balsamic glazed carrots, topped with rice done on a stove top in a risotto fashion, but with a crazy failed attempt at pineapple aioli( came out way too watery) in place of chicken stock...and some oven baked cheesy garlic fries (that I just decided on now). I figure if nothing else the fries will be good.I'll post a pic if it somehow turns out looking good.

Crab, roasted asparagus, mushroom, onion frittata with a side salad. A bit of purchased cheesecake for dessert.

While the frittata was baking, I made red beans and Andouille for tomorrow night, Paul Prudhomme's recipe. Used the pressure cooker, getting a bit more comfortable with it. Just has to finish cooking the Andouille tomorrow, make the rice, maybe some cornbread.

Last edited:
After all the talk about stuffed peppers, I put some from the freezer into the toaster oven for dinner. I also made rice, seasoned with a cube of frozen tomato paste I also made last summer and a teaspoon of Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle. It was pretty good. DH loved it.

Sigh 2 days till payday. Food stocks runnin low. It's actually my favorite time to cook. After some creative staring blankly at my cabinets. I'm thinking a bed of balsamic glazed carrots, topped with rice done on a stove top in a risotto fashion, but with a crazy failed attempt at pineapple aioli( came out way too watery) in place of chicken stock...and some oven baked cheesy garlic fries (that I just decided on now). I figure if nothing else the fries will be good.I'll post a pic if it somehow turns out looking good.

Sounds creative spidermite, and yes, PICS! We all love pics.

Pineapple aioli sounds good. Try it again...maybe the pineapple needed to be drained and pressed dry...?

Well I ended up adding more pineapple to the rice, and I decided there was enough garlic present in the rice to forego the garlic toss with my fries..All in all the carrots really added a great dimension to the rice. I am actually pretty satisfied with it overall. For a very on the fly/limited ingredient dinner.

We stopped at Perkins for supper. We miss Perkins (and Bob Evans) so we stop at one or the other when we have the chance. Himself had a patty melt (Loverly's must have looked good to him last night) with fries, I had a turkey dinner with stuffing, steamed broccoli and grilled asparagus. We both were members of the Clean Plate Club. :D

Back
Top Bottom