All Clad 5-Ply Copper Core

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That seems to make sense for roasting, and here's a couple of articles supporting that. However, I'm wondering what actual impact this has for braising in the oven, as the braising liquid provides the temperature regulating function. Remember, the braising liquid can't get above 212 F for us at sea level, lower than that for you Rocky Mountain high guys.

The Truth About Cast Iron Pans: 7 Myths That Need To Go Away | Serious Eats

Heavy Metal: the Science of Cast Iron Cooking

The braising liquid can't, but the steam above it can. How much that impacts the cooking of the meat I'm not sure, but because of that, I flip the roast over a couple times while it's cooking.

Well now I've done it and doubled down, getting the 8 qt. Dutch Oven type pan. Crazy expensive but I am going for the best of the best this time. This will also replace a Bourgeat pan I have had for a very long time that has just the thick aluminum disk sandwiched on the bottom. A very nice pan that has served me well since around 1990. And it is none the worse for wear even after all that time. But All-Clad is better and the copper core is their best.

All my Dutch ovens are LeCreuset and I love them. All four are very well used. I like how heavy they are. And I bake bread in them. Got them all on sale somewhere.

FYI the dishwasher did ruin the exterior of one of my DO’s but I’m too lazy to see if they will replace it.

Most of my other cookware is AllClad stainless which I bought on huge discount from cookware and more as cosmetic seconds. 20 years old and looking like new

Quality cookware makes a huge difference in your results.

I’d buy a piece of AllClad 5 ply copper core if it’s on sale, for sure. AllClad is great quality — your grandkids will be lucky. But I’d never pay full price for cookware. It’s one of those things in life that’s always on sale.

Well now I've done it and doubled down, getting the 8 qt. Dutch Oven type pan. Crazy expensive but I am going for the best of the best this time. This will also replace a Bourgeat pan I have had for a very long time that has just the thick aluminum disk sandwiched on the bottom. A very nice pan that has served me well since around 1990. And it is none the worse for wear even after all that time. But All-Clad is better and the copper core is their best.

I sure the heck hope you haven't been paying full price for these pans.

I saw the 8-qt copper core pan on sale today for $229 (half off SRP). The 4-qt sauce pan is on sale for $169. Granted these are factory seconds, but I've purchased several such pans and have yet to find a flaw in any of them.

Here's the link:
https://homeandcooksales.com/

The passcode is ACVIPNOV17

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom