Apple Season is upon us.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictonguy

Sous Chef
Anyway, I'm working on a new special and my retired city woman who has a local organic farm just dropped by some winesap's and I'm going to make individual apple tarts with some parmigiana reggiano in the crusts to pair up with my rabbit mousse and a local honey infused with some kind of chilli, I have fresh cayenne, so probably use them and some kind of parm tuile.

I will post my unique family recipe for oatmeal apple crumble tart here :
Appelkruimeltaart.jpg

Last edited:
This is a perennial hit every fall.

This variety looks and sounds really tasty. It's interesting to see all different versions from different countries. My daughter's just baked our first traditional apple cake for this season. I'll take a picture later and post it.

The apple tart looks great!

Question for everyone: Once I had an apple pie where the apples were cut in halves and placed in a pie shell. Then a custard was poured over and the entire thing was baked. It was delicious, but I have never seen a recipe like it. The custard was lightly flavored and picked up a lot of the flavor from the apples. The apples were soft and juicy in the pie. Does anyone know of this kind of pie or have a recipe they are willing to share?

The apple tart looks great!

Question for everyone: Once I had an apple pie where the apples were cut in halves and placed in a pie shell. Then a custard was poured over and the entire thing was baked. It was delicious, but I have never seen a recipe like it. The custard was lightly flavored and picked up a lot of the flavor from the apples. The apples were soft and juicy in the pie. Does anyone know of this kind of pie or have a recipe they are willing to share?
I didn’t see exactly what you describe but did find several versions of apple custard pies or tart normande.

Table Talk commercial bakery used to offer a French apple pie. It was a basic apple pie with raisins added to the filling and vanilla frosting over the top crust.

My usual is a humble apple crisp, topped with vanilla ice cream, as part of an oven meal like meatloaf, baked potatoes, and baked squash. 🐷🐷🐷

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom