Buying greeting cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeyItsSara

Sous Chef
Both Papyrus and American Greetings closed which were near me. I can't think of a single card store that's sill open.

Is everyone buying their cards online now?

All the grocery/drug stores have them here too. Hallmark stores used to be common but not anymore. The dollar stores here now have a great selection of name brand cards normally found other places, and the price is sure right at a fraction of the cost. The price of greeting cards is obscene otherwise.

Last edited:
All the grocery/drug stores have them here too. Hallmark stores used to be common but not anymore. The dollar stores here now have a great selection of name brand cards normally found other places, and the price is sure right at a fraction of the cost. The price of greeting cards is obscene otherwise.

Jeannie will use a gallon of gas to save on a card @ Dollar Tree.. ;)

Ross

I buy nearly all our cards at Dollar Tree. Most of our family members live far away, so I normally buy the cards by the quarter. That is, January, February and March events all at once.

When I bring them home I address them and put the date they should be mailed where the stamp goes. I have a pretty brass letter rack where I keep them, in order, so no one ever gets forgotten.

:LOL: You rock Jeannie..sounds perfectly logical to me!!

Yep! I just spent nearly $6 on a card at the grocery store. It was very pretty, but nothing that special to have cost that much. I didn't notice how much it cost until I happened to turn it over while getting it ready to mail. A dollar store card plus a gallon of gas would still be cheaper.

When I was looking at Valentine cards, one Hallmark card I looked at was $13.95 at Walgreens. Uh no.

Usually shop the dollar store, Found cards this year at an independent bookstore, still a little pricey, but cool cards.

I only buy a Mother's Day card, just 'cause. I have online cards from Jacque Lawson that I have sent out for birthdays and holidays. The website reminds me when to send and I like their cards for a $20 a year subscription.

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm so dang tight, that I make my own greeting cards! And they're pretty nice, even if I say so myself.

I have a CD, yes CD from American Greetings that has a gazillion different ways to make a card.

There's so much content out there on the WWW, if you've got a computer and a printer, you're golden dude!

I did though, just the other day, see the cutest Easter Card at Dollar Tree, to put into my Mother's Gift Box :wub: 2/$1

And then let's talk about the price of a USPS Postage Stamp … 55¢ … :mad:

I stopped sending Christmas cards to everyone I know and only to loved ones :)

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm so dang tight, that I make my own greeting cards! And they're pretty nice, even if I say so myself.

I have a CD, yes CD from American Greetings that has a gazillion different ways to make a card.

There's so much content out there on the WWW, if you've got a computer and a printer, you're golden dude!

I did though, just the other day, see the cutest Easter Card at Dollar Tree, to put into my Mother's Gift Box :wub: 2/$1

And then let's talk about the price of a USPS Postage Stamp … 55¢:mad:

I stopped sending Christmas cards to everyone I know and only to loved ones :)

I haven't paid the going rate for stamps forever. Check out eBay and other sites. You'll be surprised how you can save.

I have sometimes made cards. I never considered that being miserly or tight. I usually use wildflowers that I have collected and dried.

Our former roommate had 3 big boxes of cards, she wrote on the top what holidays or occasions were in which box. We are STILL using the sympathy cards, but birthday and Christmas cards seem to go quickly. Some birthday cards we will get from a store, depending on who they are for and if want to include something in the card.

Back
Top Bottom