Can You Cook ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maidrite

Contest Winner
What is your Passion Dish, What is it you do your best job at ? You know there is one thing you are the most Proud of, Lets hear about it ! :chef: Come on Brag a Little ! :cool:

Last edited:
Steak! As long as SOMEONE aint trying to distract me....MJ!!! sheesh......But really as long as the phone isn't ringing then I cook sorry "grill" a mean one!

Pizza is my thing. I have an outdoor wood fired oven that rocks! The inside shell was imported from Italy.

tancowgirl2000 said:
Steak! As long as SOMEONE aint trying to distract me....MJ!!! sheesh......But really as long as the phone isn't ringing then I cook sorry "grill" a mean one!
You don't cook steak on the grill for 20 minutes a side. :-p :ROFLMAO:

veal scallopine and lamb chops w/ gorgonzola are my specialties.:-p my meatballs and red sauce are really good, too, but they're different with each batch because i'm not a recipe person.

oops. that's more than one.:LOL: they're all so good in thier own ways.

Last edited:
well if you would not be so addicting than I would be able to give my steaks the FULL attention that they require!

Anything sweet. I love making new things too. I have very seldom made some kind of dessert that turned out bad.
Now main courses, I can't brag on that point at all :eek:)

I love to make my homemade pasta sauce and I make a mean foccacia and bread:LOL: Cakes...doorstops:( Of course the boys don't mind as lomg as the doorstops are chocolate:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

kadesma said:
I love to make my homemade pasta sauce and I make a mean foccacia and bread:LOL: Cakes...doorstops:( Of course the boys don't mind as lomg as the doorstops are chocolate:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: most boys don't care about anything as long as it's chocolate:LOL:

texasgirl said:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: most boys don't care about anything as long as it's chocolate:LOL:
That's for certain:LOL: Any mom with boys and grandsons has chocolates stashed for any emergency:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

I can cook chicken like there's no tomorrow, especially chicken soups and roast chicken. BBQ Pulled Pork is become a close second.

Funny you all should mention chocolate. One of my twin sons, Ronnie, has started saying that word. Whenever you ask him what he wants, he says, "Chocolate". The little bugger!

AllenMI said:
I can cook chicken like there's no tomorrow, especially chicken soups and roast chicken. BBQ Pulled Pork is become a close second.

Funny you all should mention chocolate. One of my twin sons, Ronnie, has started saying that word. Whenever you ask him what he wants, he says, "Chocolate". The little bugger!
Hummm, sounds like my house Allen:LOL: Doesn't take them long to get wise to chocolate:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

"PhillyCheeseSteak Sandwiches" but not in the classic sense.

Osso Bucco w/ Spatzle

Fried chicken

Chicken Livers w/ Mushrooms and Onions

Polenta

Canneloni - I love to make my own pasta as well.

Chicken Salad

Beef Wellington

Well those are my favorites as well as DH's

I am, however, likely to try anything!

I smell the food now, Can't you the aroma, Oven Fresh Bread baking the yeast fills your senses and overloads them, wonderful smells of cinnamon and nutmeg follow, now the gravy comes to life, How great is DS, its Beautiful ! Keep the Foods coming Gang !:chef:

Maidrite, I had a hard time choosing one dish that is my passion to cook and that others really enjoy.

I get many requests to make my Dutch apple pie and chocolate chip cookies from the guys at work. But I would have to say the dish that I love to make and eat is jambalaya. The combination of sausages, spices and herbs with the onion, celery, and bellpeppers is just heaven. Nothing makes the house smell any better than a huge pot of jambalaya simmering on the stove and a pan of cornbread in the oven!!

So many recipes...and so little time! I guess if I were to pick my passion...it would be pies. I only have to make 6-8 a week....but when they are finished...I just love to look at them! It took me 2 years here to afford out "revolving" pie case...and it's my favorite purchase we've made in our restaurant. Our best sellers are: Coconut Cream...followed by Blackberry...then Custard.

hmm... *think* what I am good in?

Muffins... any kind.. ;o)
Chili con carne...
potatoe-pumkin- pan
chinese stuff

Anything I cook becomes something I am passionate about at that moment. My favorite thing to make though is my Bolognese Sauce.

There are a number of reasons why I love making it. I love using my knives and this sauce has me chopping a lot of things since I usually triple or quadruple the amounts. It also cooks for many hours and you can watch a gradual change as it goes from veggies to a very liquidy sauce to a thick amazing sauce you can eat with a fork. The smells are amazing from start to finish. The reason I love it the most though is my wifes reaction. She gets so excited when I cook it. She continually comments on the smells and how she can't wait to taste it. I bring her a taste every half hour or so. Then when it is done, she usually does not even wait for pasta. She just takes a bowl of the sauce and digs in. That warms my heard every time :chef:

There are many things I love to make, but nowadays I take particular pride in my risottos and tomato based sugo. Cris pointed out that I make them better than anyone he knows, and after being invited to several different households for dinner, I do agree humbly with him!! Not a bad accomplishment for someone who has been in Italy for less than 3 years I dare say!! :rolleyes:

Oh A Bit I Reckon

I LIKE TO UNROLL A BEEFLOIN AND LAY ON SEA SALT AND FRESH CRACKED, THEN LINE WITH GRILLED PORTABELLAS IVE MARINATED IN WHATSTHATTHERE SAUCE AND ELEPHANT GARLIC, SPOONING THE GARIC OVER,ANDA WHOLE ROSEMARY SPRIG, ROLL NICE AND TIGHT AND TIE. SLOW SMOKE OVER MESQUITE, (OR ANY GOOD FLAVORFUL HARD WOOD) AND SMOKE APPROX 6 HRS. FOR A NICE MED. COOK. MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON BLOOD LUST. ILL SERVE W/ GRILLED ACORN SQUASH STUFFED WITH A FETA DILL MIX. AND WHOLE ROASTD BABY RED POTS. MAKES YOUR LOVED ONE WANT TO TAKE U ON THE SPOT!:angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom